Chapter Thirteen

Rex pulled on the collar of his navy blue suit awkwardly, "This sucks, i hate suits" Rex frowned. "Well you wanted to come so suck it up" Mayhem huffed. "Good thing we had that money we won from the contest, this thing wasn't cheap.." Rex added in. "Yea, we gotta pay back Emmet's share tho, he did help win after all" she responded as she turned to Rex."Pft, your bow is wrong" she said as she stood in front of him, fixing his bow. Rex blushed a bit till he looked up, noticing the big sign reading: "Princess Gala".

"So....your not a princess but your invited to a princess Gala?" Rex turned to her smirking. "Yes exactly. Since I'm the queens number one general, I'm always invited.." "Do you think shes going to be here? Cause it might not be a good idea to have us both in the same room" Rex awkwardly chuckled. "With all the stuff with the beast going on i dont think shes making the guest appearance tonight-now lets go!" She hissed as she walked in. Rex looked amazed as they entered, "whoa, this is so cool" he breathed out as Mayhem rolled her eyes.

The room was in different shades of pink and purples as classical music played in the distance. They looked up to see a giant chandelier in the center, "wow, there has to be at least...10 diamonds in there" Rex said as Mayhem snorted. "Well...your not wrong..-" "-If it isn't Princess Sweet!" they then heard someone call. They turned to see another princess dressed in red with long brown hair that was almost touching the ground. "Oh my gosh! Its been forever!" Mayhem said as she hugged the girl. "And who's this?" The princess said looking at Rex. "O-oh um-" Rex paused and looked at Mayhem not sure if he should say his real name or not. The other princess waited patiently for his answer.

"He's Rex, Rex Dangervest" she wrapped her arm around Rex's, making him blush a bit as the princess gasped. "Y-you dont mean the one who tried to end the world...right?" she whispered to Mayhem nervously. "Well he did before, but hes different now. He's changed" she said as Rex looked down awkwardly. "...Really?" The princess asked unamused. "Yep" Mayhem said confidently. The princess eyed Rex for a brief moment, "...Well alright!" She then smiled happily.

"Wait, what?" Rex asked confused. "Sweet said you changed, I trust her, shes super smart when it comes to reading people, I'm Tiffany by the way!" The princess said as she shook his hand. "H-hi" he smiled shocked. "Dang Sweet! You really had to go for the bad boy didn't you...and a really cute one too" She said as Rex smiled in a more confident way. "If it doesn't work out between you two, you'd give me permission to date him right?" Tiffany joked as Mayhem laughed nodding.

"Well I gotta go, my date is calling me, have fun~" Tiffany said as she walked away. "Wow, she seems nice" Rex said, "yea, most of the princesses here are very understanding and accepting" Mayhem told him. "Including you?" He raised an eyebrow smirking. "For the last time I'm not a princess I'm a general-" "Princess Sweet!" She then heard a couple more princesses call as they rushed to greet her. She groaned as Rex laughed a bit.

"So we heard that your super best friends with Rex?!" One of them dressed in purple questioned excited. "Wow, how many people did Tiffany tell already...and I don't know about super best friends.." "Oh come on-he HAS to be special-you never invited anyone to come with you before!" Another princess in orange scoffed as Rex turned to Mayhem smiling. "Its nothing- and its General Mayhem stop calling me princess-" "-oh not this again.." The purple princess giggled.

Mayhem started arguing with the girls as Rex watched confused. "Psst, between us, Sweet is actually a princess, she just decided a long time ago that she didn't want to be called one so she choose to be a general instead" a princess dressed in teal told Rex. "R-really?" He said shocked as the princess nodded. "Kiwi-What are you telling him-stop it!" Mayhem said as she flicked Princess Kiwi's head. "Only the truth~" she batted her eyes as Mayhem moaned annoyed.