Chapter Seventeen:

Mayhem looked in front of her to see Rex, who now looked like a complete different person. He had bags under his eyes and looked tired, almost as if he hadn't slept for days. His hair looked messier than usual, and just looked exhausted as a whole. His eyes brightened a bit once he saw Mayhem though, she could tell that, he was never really good at hiding his emotions...

"H-hey Swe-" Rex paused as he looked down ashamed, "M-mayhem, how is it going.." He whispered, correcting himself. "What happened to you?!" Mayhem then blurted out as Rex rolled his eyes a bit, "I know a month is a long time, but did you really forget the whole 'i hate you Rex- your a villain' followed by the exile and banishment of me?" Rex rolled his eyes. "...A..m-month?" Mayhem whispered out. "...oh yea, Al told me about this, the days are different on this planet than the Queens castle" Rex shrugged it off. Mayhem looked at him bewildered by his state and what he had just said, she then noticed a bruise on his cheek. He noticed her staring at it as he looked back down, "i-i didn't want them to knock you out with the laughing gas so i tried to pull you out of the way...i-i deserved that though.." He mumbled, hoping she understood.

"So your the newcomer from what i'm guessing.." Mayhem asked as Rex nodded. "This is what you all wanted right?" Rex asked hurt. "I never said that-" "you didn't have to.." "Listen, its not OUR fault you decided to be evil again, pft- and to think you could have changed.." Mayhem spat as Rex looked at her hurt again. "I d-did change, none of you believed me!" Rex's voice came out like a plea. "And O-out of everyone i thought YOU would have.." He added as he looked away as his eyes filled up with tears.

"if you changed then why are you here? Why were you talking to Al and the others and WHY DID YOU KNOCK US OUT AND KIDNAP US?!" Mayhem yelled as Rex tried to make her be quiet. As Mayhem continued to yell a loud bang was heard followed by Al and the others walking in. "i see you had no trouble finding your little girlfriend again huh Dangervest" Al grinned as the others chuckled. "Pft, like i would ever love someone as sick as any of you, especially YOU" Mayhem spat at Rex as he looked down more hurt.

The gang members began to holler and laugh at this. "Ouch that must hurt, especially after all those hard nights lover boy made us deal with" Flint nudged Rex. "Just stop.." Rex half whispered. "He wouldn't shut up in his sleep! He was all like: 'NoOoo, Sweets i'm innocent, i'm soWwY~'" a gang member imitated Rex as they laughed more. Mayhem looked at Rex as Rex's eyes remained glued to the floor. "'PleAse dont leave me alone again, i can't handle being alOne!'" another member imitated Rex as they laughed harder at that one. "Ha, good one guys.." Rex muttered. "And he was even worse during the day, he would never stop talking about this Sweet girl and how destroyed he felt for losing her or somethin-" "That's her you idiot!" Al smacked Flint upside the head. "Oh right..." Flint laughed.

Benny and Lenny began to laugh as well. "What the- since when were you guys up?!" Al raised an eyebrow. "Oh ya we woke up while Mayhem and Rex were arguing-" "by the way, I called you being evil and all so Lenny owes me 20 dollars" Benny said as Lenny groaned annoyed remembering the bet they had. "Anyways, this is going perfectly to plan, good call Rex" Al nudged him as Mayhem glared at him. "Of course Rex told them we were going to look for him" Lenny sighed, "classic Rex huh-" Benny muttered. "Actually he said you would be looking for the piece" Al corrected them as they nodded awkwardly, "You guys went to look for me.." Rex asked with a hint of hope in his eye.

"No, we were looking for the piece. At least i was..." Mayhem snapped as Benny and Lenny nodded as well awkwardly. Rex huffed and scratched his neck as Al smirked at Mayhem's remark. "You don't just go for any girl, i can see why shes special now~" he smirked as Mayhem scoffed disgusted. "...Can we get on with the interrogation now?" Rex moaned out annoyed. "Right, since your so eager to...YOU do it" Al said as he shoved Rex closer towards Mayhem and the two astronauts. "Uh...sure no problem" Rex cleared his throat as Benny and Lenny hugged one another nervously. Rex didn't bother to look at Mayhem. "So....where to start?" Rex put on a smirk as Mayhem gulped.