Chapter 11

We kept loosing but the we kept the range pretty close together as the games went on. I watched as both teams were panting, sitting, laying, kneeling on the court trying to catch their breath. Hinata of course was still pretty fired up and wanting to go more sets.

"What? You haven't stopped moving the entire time! What batteries are you using?" Nekomata said. 

"It's just tiring watching them go." I say with a slight chuckle.

"Hey, knock it off! They have to make the train!" Ukai said, picking Hinata up by the back of his jersey. I chuckled lightly. Nekoma and us switched teams to talk to them. As I stood up from the bench my knee cracked as a slight pain went through my knee.

"God, I swear, I sound more and more like Rice Krispie's every day." I comment more to myself, but it still got chuckles and laughter from the boys in front of Ukai and I. Ukai talked to the team, while Takeda and I stood on either side of him. I looked over at our team who all stood in front of Nekomata and Naoi listening to them speak.  

"Emiko, do you have anything to add?" Ukai asked, my head snapped back to the team in front of me. 

"Uh, yeah. You guys did good today. Thank you for making a challenge for us and our team, you guys really set a fire under all of us." I chuckled, the other chuckled too. "I look forward for our teams to face each other again. Thank you for coming all this way." The teams started to put the equipment away. Ukai, Takeda and I all stood with Nekomata and Naoi.

"Nekomata-sensei, thank you for making such a long trip out today." Takeda said bowing. 

"No, no, thank you. It must be difficult to set up practice games without having the right connections. Why, you called me multiple times and then ended up blurting out you'd visit me in person!" Nekomata said with a chuckle, a smile came to my face. 

"I'm sorry." Takeda said. 

"But enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm. Keep on working hard despite your ineptitude and the students will follow. Keep it up." Takeda's cheeks turned red. 

"Thank you so much!" He said bowing, I lightly patted his back, he looked like he was going to cry. 

"I want you to get it together too, Keishin. 'Cause we played three games and you didn't take a single set." Nekomata said. 

"The next time we play, we'll beat you in straight sets." Ukai said, a dark aura around him, I sweat dropped. 

"Oh, really? I just hope you're not full of hot air." Nekomata countered the same aura around him. Naoi and I shared a look between us, as shock came from both of us. Nekomata was just trying to provoke him. 

"Ukai, don't listen to him. He's just trying to provoke you." I say trying to calm him down a little. Nekomata and Naoi went back and forth for a second. 

"It's his own damned fault for wearing the old man's face!" Nekomata said. Ukai's mouth fell open in shock, he then abruptly turned and walked away.

"U-Ukai!" Takeda said chasing after him, leaving me with Nekomata and Naoi.

"You know, you're team is lucky to have you." Nekomata said, my head turned to him. "I can see it in your eyes, your team holds a special place in your heart. From what Takeda said, it sounded like you were the coach." 

"Oh, I was. But I stepped down, because I'd like to learn a little more." I say folding my arms across my stomach. 

"And that's not a bad choice, if you feel that's what's necessary then do it." Nekomata said. I nodded my head at him, he nodded back before walking away with Naoi trailing behind him. We met up with the everyone outside, Daichi and Kuroo had tension, so did Ukai and Naoi. I was chuckling on the side watching the four. Tanaka and Yamamoto were both crying shaking hands. I sighed and walked over to Daichi and Kuroo.