Chapter 9

The next day we where at practice still working on receiving. They have already improved from yesterday. After Hinata, that was everyone, Ukai looked at me as I looked at the schedule I had made up. 

"Next up is running. Hop to it boys!" I called out as the team left to go run. I remember when I was doing my work out this morning, I ended up passing both Hinata and Kageyama, they have to much energy it seems like. I had stepped outside myself to get some fresh air from the stuffy gym. I let out a sigh as I stretched my arms above my head. 

"Emiko?" I heard Ukai's voice say, as he stepped out himself. My head turned to look at him. 

"Still questioning about the line up?" I asked him. 

"Uh, yeah. Setter to be exact." He said rubbing the back of my head. I sighed quietly, it was a tough choice. I know that. 

"Well, I don't know either, exactly." I sighed rubbing the back of my head. "It's kind of a toss up really, Kageyama has raw talent, but so does Suga, and Suga has seniority over it, but Kageyama and Hinata have been working together so well. It's hard to really tell who to put in. All I can say is just go with your gut." I reached up and took my hair out to fix my ponytail, I scooped my hair back up and back into the ponytail. "I'm sorry that I'm not much help on the matter." The boys came back and we continued practice. 

        Later on that night, I was in my room doing some homework before dinner, there was a light knock on my door before it opened to revile Ukai. 

"Oh, Ukai. What's going on?" I questioned. He just had this look on his face. 

"Sugawara came to me." He said, pausing for a second. "He told me to put Kageyama in the lineup, he said he wants to win and that he was willing to let it happen." 

"Oh." I muttered. 

"But he said he would never give up on playing." He added. I nodded my head at him. 

"Okay, well, now we just have to put the other in line and see what we come up with." I say to him, he nodded at me and left my room, leaving me to think quietly. A little bit later, we were all soon eating. I sat between Asahi and Daichi. Suga sat in front of me. He was eating quit a bit of food, nothing seemed to be bothering him at all. We were all laughing a giggling, Noya was yelling in the back ground, nothing unusual there. 

"You know, Emi, for a such a small girl you can really put food away." Daichi said chuckling. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I questioned looking at him, Asahi and Suga were chuckling. "So what? It's food. I'm not going to starve myself. So I eat until I'm full, I'm not going to pick at it like a bird. So if you don't like it, go away or look somewhere else." Daichi laughed at that. I'm not embarrassed that I eat like a full grown man. I never have been, it's how I am. I am not ashamed of it. 

"Calm down, I'm just picking." Daichi said. 

"Besides if I don't get my fill all of you guys are going to eat all the food." I added. Kiyoko chuckled lightly at what I said knowing it was true. This guys can really put back the food especially if they train hard enough. We continued eating holding a small conversation as we did. After I had my fill of my food, I leaned back in my chair. Asahi had his arm around the back of my chair, which I didn't care, it was normal for the boys to do that. Suga had a look on his face, almost saying 'I know something you don't' 

"So, Asahi." Suga's voice cut through, drawing our attention to him. "You have any crushes or anything like that?" As if almost instantly, Asahi removed his arm from the back of my chair a huge blush rushed across his face, taking up his whole face in red, including his neck and ears. He was a stuttering mess. Suga smirked, almost triumphantly.