Chapter 5

He was talking to Kageyama only, so it seemed he was more concerned about him only. 

"I learned how to serve and block by watching him. He is extremely good. However, focus on the game for now. We're going to take the last set." Kageyama said. Tanaka was trying to intimidate them by staring at them with a ugly face. I sighed as the team looked at me. 

"What he said. Just focus on the game, not on the players. You got this guys." I say giving them a thumbs up. they went off and the third set started. It was 14-15 in our favor. Tanaka was pissed about the girls talking about Oikawa, making him spike harder and faster. The points kept going up as the set went on. Soon enough it was 20-24 still in our favor. They had finally subbed in Oikawa, so now I could get a good look at how he plays. I leaned forward, elbows on my knees my right hand cupped my chin as I watched. He went to the back line he was going to serve the ball. I narrowed my eyes as he pointed at Tsukishima. He was a jump server, once he made contact with the ball it flew over the net and went straight for Tsukishima, Tsukishima tried to receive the ball but it bounced off his arms and went into the railing above. "What a dirty dirty trick...." I muttered. 

"Huh?" Takeda questioned. 

"He knows where our weak spots are, and he's going to target them." I say to him. "He has perfect control of the ball, he can make it go where he wants it to go with no issue." Oikawa served another ball and it went straight to Tsukishima again. "Shake it off Tsukishima! It's alright!" I call out. His golden eyes shifted to me for a second. It was 23-24, Seijoh is catching up quickly. I patted my hips and made motions with my arms telling him to drop his hips and follow through with it. He slowly nodded his head. Hinata started yelling at Oikawa telling him to aim for him and what not. I made eye contact with Daichi, my hand dropped telling him to push the line of Tanaka, Tsukishima, Hinata and Ennoshita back and have him take up most of the court.. He nodded his head at me before relaying it to the team. Oikawa served the ball straight at Tsukishima again. Tsukishima was able to receive the ball, but it made it a chance ball. 

"Good job Tsukishima!" I called out. Oikawa received the ball, making the play go as planned, when the spiker went to hit it Hinata was quick to try and get in front of him, the spiker hit the ball, making it hit Hinata's hand and the ball was up. We got the ball in play, Hinata crossed the court and  hit the ball making it fly past Oikawa's head landing in bounds, winning the game. 23-25, I let out a breath as I sat up straight. I pushed my bangs back with a smile on my face as the boys lined up. After bowing and say their thanks they came over to Takeda and I. 

"We're ready sir!" They say bowing at Takeda. I stood up and stood next to Suga. Suga had to tell Takeda to give them some feed back. 

"Well, I'm still an amateur when it comes to volleyball, but I can tell that something amazing his happening here. We had some amazing first-years join this school year, and at first, it don't go smoothly. But I think I understand why now. It doesn't matter if you're not on the same page. When people are brought together, it triggers a chemical reaction. Somewhere, a world-changing encounter is happening at this very moment. It could be happening somewhere in a faraway land.Maybe even on the other side of the world. It could be happening on a small island to the east, in a small northern town in an average high school, or in an average volleyball club. I believe that encounter was made at Karasuno High. I have nothing to base this on, but it's better than not believing at all! You kids are going to become much, much stronger than you are now." Takeda said, I smiled slightly. Hinata and Kageyama both looked at each other curiously. "I'm sorry! Was that overly poetic? Did I gross you out?" Takeda questioned. 

"No, not at all, sensei!" Daichi said waving his hands at him. 

"You did good Sensei." I say patting his back lightly.