X. Moving On & Returning

Start from the beginning

"Trying to threaten me Princess," Reggie says cockily. 

"Oh that wasn't a threat. That was..let's say a peak into the future if you don't shut the hell up. And don't call me Princess." I say before Turing around and watch my brother sing hopefully.  

"Take your time, Archie. Though we do have people waiting." 

"Oh no." I mutter

"Archie? Clock's ticking." 

"Excuse me. Sorry, I gotta go." Archie then runs off stage and the bulldogs begin to laugh. I just shake my head and run backstage. 

"When I was up there, looking out I don't know, I just I froze." 

"That was stage fright, Archie." Valerie answers. 

"Yeah, but when I'm on the football field, the stands can be packed. Packed, and it doesn't affect my game at all." 

"Singing makes you vulnerable in a way that football doesn't." 

"Or maybe what I was missing out there onstage was my team. Or at least a partner. What if we sang I Got You? "

"Archie, I'm a Pussycat. We're headlining the Variety Show." 

"What if you sang with them first and then me? Just this once? To help me get my sea legs."  I don't even intertwine it seems to me that Valerie already has it under control and Archie doesn't need me.

-

"Guys I Found it!" I say as I rush into the student lounge and sitting next to Jughead. 

"You found where Polly is?" Betty asks I nod smiling wide. 

"How?" 

"I have my ways and plus the clues couldn't be more transparent," I say 

"So where is she?" Jughead asks. 

"The Sisters of Quiet Mercy." 

"What is that? Like a church? Or a charity?" 

"No It's a 'Home for troubled youths. Where disenfranchised teens will learn such virtues as discipline and respect, enjoying lives of quiet reflection and servitude'." 

"You definitely learnt that of by heart from the website," Jughead says 

"Oh how did you'd know," I say sarcastically before nudging him. 

"Poor Polly. It's been months. There's gotta be a reason my mom and dad don't want me to see Polly. But I don't care anymore." 

"What are you guys talking about? Anything I can help with? What we're attempting is a stealth operation, Archie." Veronica asks walking in along with Archie.

"If we go in there with the entire Scooby Gang, forget it, we're compromised. Well, don't you have to practice for the Variety Show anyways?" 

"Uh, no, I don't-" Archie starts

"Except that yes, you do. Thanks to a certain Veronica-ex-machina." Veronica says to Archie. 

"What do you mean? Oh, nothing. Just that I had a few words with our director/host, and reminded him that he's heard you sing on numerous occasions. Even though it compromises my artistic integrity. Cutting to the chase, you have a slot if you want it." 

"Veronica, thank you, but you saw what happened. We all did. Playing my songs in front of you guys is one thing, but getting back up on that stage by myself I'm not sure if I'm ready for that." 

"If it's a partner you're looking for, Veronica Lodge is more than willing and able." 

"Veronica, I didn't know you could sing." I say