Chapter 14 (Part 2) : An unwanted Job

Start from the beginning

Don’t tell me it belongs to him.

I noticed among the stuff on the ground – thanks to which I nearly had a fall – were toys. There was a Barbie doll that looked like miniature Cinderella and some cars with colorful patterns on them.

First that plate and now these toys, I didn’t expect Doyle to be a sort of person with a childish side. I automatically whirled around and saw him using a white cloth to put on his wound which was probably hurting him.

‘’What?’’ I flinched at his tone going to alert mode all over again.

That’s when I nearly had an heart attack. The door on the right side of the apartment that was visible in the small hallways burst open and I heard a crash somewhere. There was a huge laughter that with no doubt belonged to a child followed by someone yelling at top of their lungs.

‘’Come ere you brat.’’ A small girl just like I predicted with blonde pigtails and gray eyes barged in the living room laughing at top of her lungs and running around appeared. She didn’t look older than four.

Behind her was the boy who had shouted at her previously with same blonde tousled hair that covered half of his gray eyes. He looked the same age and eerily similar to the girl that he was following with a furious expression on his little face. Both children had an uncanny resemblance with Doyle.

Could it be…? They were his_

‘’Don’t get the wrong idea,’’ I heard him say and for the first time his tone was normal, ‘’they my sibs.’’

‘’Sibs?’’

‘’Brother and sister. They are kids that were given birth by same parents as _’’

‘’I know what siblings are!’’ I snapped.

‘’Oi you two! Cut it out!’’ Doyle’s voice which wasn’t as thunderous as it normally was – in fact it was surprisingly calm seemed to have an effect on both. They stopped on their tracks and stared at him with huge eyes.

‘’Jill stole my clothes again and she cut them!’’

‘’But I looove his clothes, they are so warm and fluuufy.’’ The girl giggled and I wanted to pinch her cheeks crying ‘awww’ at top of my lungs. How could a future  mafia like him could have such cute siblings?

‘’Stop it already and clean your mess or you wont be getting any food for three days.’’ Please someone tell that was just and empty threat and he wasn’t actually going to do that.

Both compiled, forgetting their fight immediately and began picking up their scattered toys.

‘’You, ‘’ he said jabbing a finger in my direction, ‘’come with me?’’

‘’Where?’’