Chapter 5 : Heck of an Adventure

Chapter 5:

''Now dont start sulking, it was just a joke.'' I ignored him and continued walking mindlessly, away from him.

''Just get lost!'' I snapped and he just grinned, continued followed me like a lost puppy. Even though he was nothing like a lost puppy, he was a bull dog; totally ugly and wild.

''C'mon, I am sorry.''

''Shut up and die.''

''I will give you a true hot passionate kiss next time, I can give that right now_''

I turned to him fiercely and stomped his feet again, this time with my full pressure and strength. He yelped and stumbled a few steps away from me.

''Ow Ow Ouch! Why do you keep doing that?'' He scowled and bent down to rub his feet. I smirked victoriously and went ahead on my way again.

''You are going the wrong way Wormy, the house is on the left side.'' He yelled from behind but I just considered ignoring it.

''I can give you a ride!''

''I can go on foot.'' I said and increased my pace. All I wanted was to get away from him. When he pulled that stunt of his, it got me upset. For a moment I did thought he was going to kiss me. Even thinking about it made it awkward for me, I had known him for so long, we had spent so much time growing up that it felt so weird.

It was not like I had any such feelings for Dale; I couldn't even imagine thinking about himself in that way. My heart belonged to Del and I imagined my future with him. I dreamed about kissing him, hugging him, loved by him. Dale was no where in the picture. He never was, never will be.

But when he came so near, the proximity was bothering me. I felt something; a jittery feeling of butterflies in my stomach. What was that? I waited for the answer and when nothing came I decided to let it go. It was his fault, why did he played such a dangerous prank on me? I mean dangerous in the other sense.

I glanced back at the distance, he was gone. Sighing I looked ahead again and then realization hit me. I did came the wrong way. Following Dale's advice I changed the track and started walking in the opposite direction.

As I jogged on the way, I started feeling panicky. This street was unfamiliar! But dale said that this led to home, then again when ever was Dale right? I was so stupid to follow his advice. I must have known this was another silly prank of his.

I calmed myself and stopped in the middle, checking my pockets I took out the phone. Then I realized that I was in middle of nowhere, without any internet access, how in the world would the navigator work? I was so stupid!

If I called mom, I was doomed. Daniel and Carmen would be in class. I would not call Dale; it would be a slap on the face of my ego. Looking around once more I pulled up some courage. I could find my way, I just needed to relax and stay in shape.

*****

Okay, I take my words back. I was utterly lost and felt trapped in some labyrinth. I didn't even recognized the street anymore. Where the hell was I? I pulled my hair in frustration and then kicked the nearby bin, the floor was littered with dirt and I cursed loudly.

It was a bad idea to skip school and reject dale's offer of the ride. I felt so helpless and worthless. I had been living in this town for years and I didn't even recognize the roads and streets.

''Hey hotshot, need a ride?'' I never noticed that a bike was not standing adjacent to me, almost blocking my way, the man sitting on it looked forty years old with a fat fatigue, dirty yellow teeth and awful appearance. Even looking at him was like imaging myself washing Dale's sweaty clothes.