Chapter 11 : Trouble Trouble. Everywhere

Chapter 11:

When you have friends you expect them to be a little supportive in any crises. I never expected such support from Daniel because I had known him for quite long, it was enough for me to know how he functioned.

‘’It’s your fault anyways.’’ That’s what he said after I told him the reason why Hailey Jordan had been marching at me barefoot with one heel in her hand. I swore I would never ever wear heels again – in fact I might had developed a heel phobia if that existed.

‘’How so? Care to explain?’’ It was midnight and I was sitting on his bed, in my pajamas. Mom was not coming home because of the shift and after today events I was not going to get any sleep.

‘’Who told you to act like a bad ass – when you certainly aren’t a bad ass- and hit the most popular guy right on the face.’’ As much as I hated to admit it, he was absolutely right. I should never have done something as reckless as that. Drake was right when he said he would get back at me but the way he used was as cheap as him.

I knew he was going to do something about that but this was utterly unexpected. It was like he slapped me back in return and a bit more painfully.

‘’I can’t believe he did that to me? Now everyone must be thinking I am some kind of back stabber!’’ I cried out in frustration and had a sudden urge to pull my hair out. Daniel got up and grabbed his laptop.

‘’Let’s see how bad it is dude, but I think you have got yourself in a serious shit.’’

He logged in facebook and I scuttled nearer to get a clear view. I let out a gasp as I saw my pictures all over his wall posted my many people and with about hundreds comments on all of them. And they weren’t even nice either – people were calling me all sort of things, bitch, slut, whore and words I didn’t recognize.

This was serious mess. Shit just got real…

‘’Wow you are famous.’’ He joked, smirking at me.

‘’It’s not funny, just imagine yourself in my shoes.’’

‘’Your shoes are much small than my feet they won’t fit.’’

‘’Honestly Daniel, is this really the time?’’ I asked with irritation lacing my tone, he held his hands up in surrender and closed the laptop.

This many people hated me, it really was horrible. Being famous was one thing, being famous as a slut was another story all in all. I thought they won’t believe Drake this easily but he had everything in his hands. One thing I was unable to understand, if according to Drake he cheated Hailey with me, then why was I the one being called the back stabber?

Shouldn’t Drake be one too?

This was unfair, why was Drake not getting any hate but me only? Was it because of Hailey’s outburst? Maybe he said something else to everyone after I was gone.

Daniel was not there so either I had to ask Carmen or Dale.

‘’So what are you going to do now?’’

‘’What should I do?’’ I repeated back, this was messy and for the first time in my life I was feeling absolutely trapped. Which way to go – if there even was a way for me – what was the right decision?

‘’I say you should skip school for a week or something. People will eventually forget all this shit and then you can come back as good as new.’’ He made it sound like a piece of cake, but this was not a piece of cake – this was my life and it was being ruined right in front of my eyes.