Prologue

Copyrighted 2012 © xxtypicaslcorpianxx

No part of this work shall be copied or stolen or posted in any other website or the person will be charged with respect to the laws of copyright.

Thank you.

______________________________________________________________________________

 Prologue

The view was changing slowly as our car sped by, not giving me a chance to stare at one point. After tiring my eyes out for long I finally turned away from the window and slumped further in the big leathery seat. This was the first time I had sat in a car for so long and one thing was sure; I was hating it. Hate was not even the correct word to describe it; it was more like I was dreading, this was a pure torture.

 Sitting uselessly was something I hated so I decided to busy myself with something.

Reaching for my old satchel I took out a book,  'To kill a mocking bird.' It was one of my favorite and  especially in time like this it seemed quite helpful. Beside me mom was humming carols even though Christmas was miles away. She never sang, like ever. She always scolded me for singing songs in front of her. So this was like a miracle  and I figured out she was overly excited for this.

''Can you stop it Mom, I am reading.''

''Aw my Ally Belly...''  She ruffled my raven black hairs, irritating the hell out of me. I hated it when people touched my hair. So yeah, I hated loads of stuff but that didn't made me some weird goth chick or anything. In fact I was no where near that dark type since I found it creepy; no offense to the goth and emo kids  here.

''Mom I am a grown up now, stop doing that.'' I muttered whilst shaking my head. She was obviously aware of my likes and dislikes, though she was too high to care right now.

'' You are just six my dear. '' She replied, sparing me a glance.

''Anyways, why are you so gloomy? You should be happy after all we are going to a much better place than Texas.''

We were moving to California permanently, my father died a year ago, the house was given to us by the company, they agreed to let us stay for few months. My gramps used to live in California and after their death they willed their house to my mom. Mrs. Cattermole was my mom's best friend, since like...forever?

She was also her neighbor, I mean at her hometown that is California. She visited us every often, it's happening since years, and sometimes we went to California to visit her and my grandparents. She suggested my mother to come and live in her house (The one Gramps left us) and my mom agreed.

We started packing the same day and mom was all gooey about going back there, she was excited to go live as Mrs. Cattermole neighbor once again. It got on my nerves. I thought t she was being selfish. My friends, my life, belonged here in Texas, but no, not a single concern. Nill. Nada. It was not like that I had a large bundle of Friends, but about four best friends, Margaret, Lizzie , Casey and the 4th friend?

My fourth friend were my books. I was not a nerd, but a book lover; I loved reading novels, classic stuff, new stuff, Harry potter stuff. I was a universal type of person, but it was that I hated Shakespeare, I didn't know the reason. I found his works boring.

''Allyson, I asked you something.'' She brought me back to reality, hesitating for a moment I replied,It was best to let my fears out since hiding them would not do good.

''It's just that I - I am... okay, I am afraid. What would await me there? What if no one welcomes me and stuff like that.''

She didn't commented on that so I looked over at her and realizing she was grinning like a maniac. Mom grins were plain definition of creepy. When she did that she looked like those villain stalkers of horror movies. Though I never told her that, given by the fact  she would murder me without second thoughts.

''Don't worry dear you will get along, If you are worried about making new friends, don't bother because I am sure Dale and Daniel will help you.''

And that was  the real reason for my worry. Daniel was not the problem but Dale...he was the real definition  of problems.

Dale Cattermole and Daniel Cattermole were fraternal twins; whenever Mrs. Cattermole visited us or we visited her (that's a lot of time) I got to see them too, since the day I was born. Daniel was a very nice and jolly person; he made friends with me on very first sight. We talked a lot; we remained in contact very often through internet. He was also a media freak, addicted with TV and music. I always liked him because he respected my passion for books and unlike Dale didn't call me a Caterpillar.

Dale...

...he was the other side of the coin. He was a snob, (big time) he was never  kind with me during those get to gathers. He loved to tease me,  laughing around, making jokes about me. His hobby was to make things like hell specifically for me since  it gave him pleasure. This irritated me a lot because I was peace loving person. He called me Caterpillar, made that nickname out of book worm. Weird? I know.

After half an hour the car stopped in front of familiar blocks of houses. I got out of the car and clutched my book tightly. Mrs. Cattermole and Daniel were already standing there, waiting for us I presumed. Daniel was grinning ear to ear but unlike mom his grin was more welcoming than creepy. They greeted us warmly; Mrs. Cattermole hugged me tightly crushing my soft tender bones. Did I mention she was a big fan of me? The next hug was by Daniel, less bone crushing though,

''Hey! It would be so much fun to live with you Ally.'' I smiled at his comment halfheartedly. I took in his appearance, a guns n roses tee shirt, loose shorts and a cap on overgrown black hair. A total hipster but that was Daniel for you.

I walked in the porch after them; the rest of three went inside leaving me standing by the hedge of the small garden, it was my favorite place in gramps house or should I say our new house? So, there I was touching the roses which sat on the plants like a sparrow in its nest when a cold splash of water hit me. The water came so suddenly that I could not even blink. After what seems like minutes it stopped and I looked up at the source of the ambush.

''Welcome home Caterpillar.'' I saw Dale Cattermole grinning broadly at me...

Yup, that was  my new life, with a devil at my tow. Did I mention that Dale's grins were creepier than mom's.

______________________________________________________________________________

So? Any thoughts about the start? Please ignore my poor english and enjoy the content.

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!