38 ~ The Start Of Something New

Michael's POV

I was awoken by the sounds of Alissa grunting beside me, my eyelids felt heavy as I forced them open to check on her. She was struggling to get out of bed, her hands grabbing onto the side of the headboard as she finally pulled herself up with a sigh, turning to the side to reveal her belly which had grown huge over the past couple of weeks. I'll never understand how women's bodies are so amazing.

I secretly watched her, knowing she would feel shy under my gaze, even though she had no reason to be because she was so beautiful. Her natural hair spiralled down her back and laid against the perfectly soft skin of her shoulders, that were revealed in her pyjama top. Her cute little waddle making me bite the side of my cheek to suppress my giggles as she slowly walked around to the bottom of the bed.

After the baby shower she had said about having pain in her lower abdomen, which from being a biology teacher has taught me that's early signs of labour. Of course I didn't tell her this because I didn't want to worry her, but as stubborn as she is she'd still insist on going out anyway.

"Baby." I spoke, my heart melting as I watched her jump a little before turning to me, her gorgeous smile returning mine as I placed my arms behind my head to watch her, her cheeks immediately turning a rosy shade of red. "I can't let you go out if you can barely walk Alissa."

"Michael I have an exam!" She giggled, knowing that she would protest to whatever I said and insist she was fine. I scooted to the end of the bed, the cold air hitting my bare chest as I felt Alissa's gaze on my skin. I walked over to her, gently turning her around by her waist so she was facing away from me allowing me to massage her shoulders, her small moan indicating she liked it.

Alissa's POV

I moaned as his fingers worked into my shoulders, loosening the knots that lay over them. My hands rested on my stomach, which I wouldn't admit to him because I know he wouldn't let me leave the house, but I had been cramping ever since I woke up.

"Michael I need to sit down." I giggled, my legs aching beneath me, his hands turning me around so I could face him and allowing me to give him a small smile, before he pressed his lips to mine. He walked me over to the chair behind the small desk in his room, his body immediately felt pressing against my back after he sat me down, his hands running through my hair.

"Please stay home with my baby." He whispered, bending over so his lips could connect to my neck causing it to roll to the side. My mind cloudy for a second until I shook my head regaining my thoughts.

I would stay home but since what mum said about me being a disappointment at the baby shower I haven't been able to get her words out of my head. I wanted to prove that wasn't true... no matter how much I wanted to stay home with Michael and rest.

"I want to Michael... but I can't I really need to pass this exam." I spoke, not even convincing myself of my words making him sigh.

"You do know I can just pass you anyway baby."

"Michael no." I giggled as I watched him playfully roll his eyes through the mirror. "I need to prove to myself I can do well."

"Okay well as my girlfriend is so stubborn she has to let me help her get to the exam safely." He spoke walking over to the bed where he started to get changed into his perfectly pressed black suit, my mind getting distracted for a second.

"Okay okay! Only because my boyfriend is so protective." I playfully retorted causing him to run back over to me and wrap his arms around my shoulders, resting his head on my shoulder making me laugh as his curls tickled my face.

"Yes because she's pregnant and doesn't realise how delicate she is and how much I love her."

I couldn't argue with his words and decided to instead just close my eyes and sigh as his lips grazed over the skin on my neck, his hands brushing down my arms, a feeling which he knew I loved so much.