La Brama

Mark runs up to me, a wide smile on his barren, young face. He looks so innocent and care free, kindness brimming off of him. When did that change? "(Y/n)! Come on!" He takes my cold, bare hand into his gloved one, and I realize we're outside and it's snowing. I look around, seeing the yard I grew up in. The willow tree we used to swing on. The home I used to reside in.

We're both bundled up in jackets and scarves to keep warm, though that doesn't stop the cold nipping at our fingers.

"You're so slooooow! Come on!" He pulls me forward, starting to run with a big smile until Damien, Celine, and Will all show up too. The all smile and wave, pausing from the snowman they're building. He's a little lopsided, but was two thirds of the way done. "Come help us, (Y/n)!" Damien called, looking over to Mark and I with pure happiness. His beautiful brown eyes looked into mine and I saw the hope that they always held.

"Okay, Damien!" I giggle out. I feel Marks stare into the back of my head as I run after Damien, feeling him chase after me and start piling over to find branches for the arms. I lean down to the ground, deciding to build the head for the snowman.

My fingers press into the pristine white snow, my body feeling the cold run up from my fingertips. It felt familiar.

When I look back at my fingers though, the pristine pale snow had been stained red. My bare hands were cold as they pull away from the wet frost, covered in red. This feels too familiar.

When I look up again, they're all gone. The snowman was left half built, but the people I loved were all gone, as if they were never there in the first place. I look around, frightened by their disappearance. "D-Damien? Mark?"

I step forward, but now I've grown taller, and the red, I find, is coming from me. "Celine! William! Anyone!!"

Tears begin to fall down my frozen cheeks, their warmth running over the frost bite painfully. The jacket was stripped away, leaving me standing in the middle of the empty snow with just a short, satin dress on. My body feels...so cold. "DAMIEN! MARK! ANYONE, PLEASE!!"

I step forward, looking around anywhere as blood dropped into the snow. I fall to my knees, collapsing as the cold surrounded my body, and I begin to wonder if it's the blood loss and not the snow at all. "ANYBODY!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME HERE ALONE!!!" My voice echoes over the empty slope of the hill, signifying my solitude.

"Your loneliness will be your Demise, (Y/n)." His deep, cold voice filled the air like a gust of wind, pushing the snow as he suddenly appeared before me. His structured dark silhouette was vastly contrasting to the white tundra behind him, the soft glitches of blue and red surrounding him every once in a while. His pitying gaze washes over my form, staying emotionless otherwise. "You'd let anyone do anything to you as long as you weren't alone."

"D-Dam-" I stutter out, but quickly silence my self in remembrance of how much hatred he felt for that name. I am powerless at this moment, I shouldn't say anything that might anger him. "Dark..."

"Don't be alarmed." His hands clasp behind his back, stepping forward and closing in on my shaken frame on the ground. His footsteps echoed, and as I looked around again it quickly became evident that the scenery had now changed. It was a black hole of sorts, there were no walls. Only darkness. His skin almost emits a pale light as he walks forward, highlighted in the sea of darkness."I am not here to cause you harm."

"I.." words seem to fail me as I look up to the shell of my once lover. "I don't trust you.."

"I know." His voice stays cold and harsh, but his eyes reflect an array of emotions as the words fall from his lips. "But for now, You need to." He falls silent for a moment, looking me over once more. "I am here to send you a warning."