~Opening the Cavern~

Link stood outside the blocked entrance to Dodongo's Cavern. They'd been standing there for several minutes, still clueless on how to open the entrance.

With a defeated sigh, Link took a seat next to the Goron, who watched him.

"What's wrong, kid, goro?" he asked.

"I told Darunia I'd help him, but I don't know how to open the cavern. I'm not strong enough to lift the rock, I already tried. But I don't know what else I could try."

The Goron grew silent, before perking up.

"Did you try a Bomb Flower?"

"Bomb Flower?"

"Yeah, our special crop, goro!"

"But where would I get them? I think I saw them in the city, but it would take too long to carry them out!"

The Goron looked up and pointed to a ledge above them.

"Y'see that ledge up there? One of my brothers should be up there, goro. He's watching over some Bomb Flowers to make sure no one uses them. If you tell him I said it's okay, maybe you can throw one over the edge, goro?"

"I could try that. But am I strong enough to carry them?"

"With that Goron's bracelet, you should be, goro."

Link nodded and got to his feet. Navi flew from his shoulder and started up the path. Link thanked the Goron, then took off after Navi. They made their way up the mountain and to the ledge, where a Goron sat up.

A sign sat next to him, which Navi stopped in front of.

"Danger, do not uproot?"

The Goron nodded, turning to Link.

"If you uproot the Bomb Flower, it'll explode in a bit. It's really dangerous, especially for people, goro."

"I need to take one to open Dodongo's Cavern. The Goron by the entrance said it would be okay."

The Goron paused, then reluctantly nodded.

"Fine, but just this once. I don't want you to play with these, they're dangerous, goro!"

"Got it!"

Link moved over to the Bomb Flower, lifting it up. He peeked over the ledge before throwing the bomb. He watched as it fell, hitting the ground. It stopped a few feet away from the boulder, then blew up. But it missed.

Link frowned, then picked up another. The Goron tried to speak up, but the bomb was already thrown over. Link watched it fall, then blow. It was closer, but missed again.

Link let out a groan, then picked up a third bomb. He threw it over and watched it. It bounced, landing closer to the boulder. Link held his breath as he watched. The bomb exploded, breaking the boulder.

Link cried out in joy, then raced back to the entrance. The Goron sighed at the boy, then curled back up. Link came to a stop next to the Goron by the entrance. He jumped in joy as the Goron smiled at him.

"Hey, it worked! You're a genius, kid, goro!"

"But it was your idea! I couldn't have done it without your help!"

The Goron shifted his weight, covering his face in embarrassment.

"Oh, I didn't do much, goro."

Link laughed, the Goron joining him. Navi giggled at the two, then poked at Link's shoulder.

"C'mon, Link! Let's go save the cave!"

Link nodded, then the two headed inside.

~ * ~