~Where's Mido?~

The sun began to slip over the trees, marking the end of the day. As their games ended, the Kokiri joined outside Saria's house to eat dinner. As Link took his seat with a bowl of soup, a Kokiri came out of Mido's house, frowning.

"What's wrong?" Saria asked as they walked up.

"Mido wasn't in his house. He's normally in there at dinner time, but his house was dark."

The group of Kokiri frowned, turning their attention to the ground. Silence settled over the group. Saria sat next to Link with her bowl, clearing her throat.

"We'll search for Mido in the morning. He shouldn't be far from here, and he wouldn't leave. It's dangerous outside the forest. Link can keep an eye out for him while he continues his adventure, and we'll search the Lost Woods and our forest."

The Kokiri nodded, but they remained quiet. Owls hooted as the night settled, crickets coming out to chirp their songs. As they finished dinner, the group dispersed and headed for their homes.

Link stayed behind with Saria and watched as everyone went into their trees. Once everyone was inside, Saria turned to Link.

"I sense something evil nearby, and I don't like it. It might mean we Kokiri are in danger. You should leave now, Link. While you still can," she said.

"I can't just leave everyone, I want to help!" Link argued.

Saria shook her head, her eyes wandering over the area.

"It might make it so you can't leave, and you have to finish your task for Princess Zelda. I want you to go now and don't come back. Not until you've helped the Princess and are done with your tasks. I'll try to keep our family safe as best I can, but I can only do so much."

Saria pulled Link into a hug, which he quickly returned. They stood in each other's embrace for several minutes, as if this was the last they would ever see each other again.

"Be safe, Link. And look for Mido while you're gone. He shouldn't have left the forest, but no one knows what's going through his mind."

"You be safe too. I'll come back once I finish, and I'll save you all. I'll save every Kokiri in this forest and free you from whatever's coming."

Saria pulled away, a small smile on her face. She held up Link's bag, which held his belongings. He took it, then tied it to his belt. He looked back at Saria, who nodded. He returned the nod, then turned and ran for the log.

He stopped and looked back, but Saria was gone. He frowned, then exited the woods. Once he stepped onto Hyrule Field's grass, Stalchildren rose from the ground. Link and Navi made it to the path in a rush, before slowing down once they made it. As they followed the path, Link pulled out his map.

"Where do we go next, Navi?"

"Lon Lon Ranch! Let's give Malon a visit before we go up Death Mountain."

Link nodded, then put the map away. They made camp on the road for the night, where they fell asleep. It wasn't long before the sun peaked over Death Mountain, waking up the land.

A rooster crowed in the distance, waking Navi. She sleepily rubbed her eyes, then stretched with a yawn. Link snored next to her, his body curled into a ball. Navi sighed before plugging his nose. He opened his eyes, a small scowl settling on his face.

"Come on, let's go. We have places to go, Link!" Navi yelled.

Link grumbled to himself as he sat up and stretched. It was only a matter of minutes before they were on their way again.

~ * ~