~Mask Delivered!~

After several hours, Link and Navi stopped in front of the Happy Mask Shop.

"That didn't have to take so long. Why did you go into all those shops?" Navi asked.

"I want to check them out! Besides, I got a bigger slingshot bag, and these weird bombs-"

"Bombchus."

"Bombchus! You can't say it was a waste, Navi!"

The small fairy sighed as she landed on Link's shoulder.

"Alright, alright, just go in already."

Link reached up and opened the door, then headed in. Once inside, it weirded them out.

To the left and right were masks lining shelves. A large note stood to the left of the counter which a man stood behind. Behind the man were four more shelves, where masks sat.

Link walked up to the counter, peeking over it.

"Hiyeee! Welcome to the Happy Mask Shop, kid! Here I sell masks that bring happiness to everyone! Oh, how would you feel about helping me? I'll lend you a mask, then you can go sell them. Then you can bring the money back here! Or, if you want to read the sign, it's to the left of this counter. So, how can I help you?" the man asked.

"I'm looking for a popular-"

"Ah, you must be talking about the Keaton mask! This mask is very popular with children and costs ten rupees. Do you want to borrow it?"

"Uh, sure!"

The man handed Link the Keaton mask. Link looked it over, then stuck it on his face. The man's smile widened as Link and Navi giggled.

"Thank you, sir!" Link called as he left the shop.

As he stepped outside, children immediately crowded him, asking to see the mask.

"Uh, s-sorry! I gotta take this mask to someone!"

Link broke through the crowd and ran for the drawbridge. He crossed, then stepped onto the path to Kakariko.

"I hope the guard likes the mask, and his kid too!" Link exclaimed as he walked along the path.

"I'm sure he will, he said his kid really wanted it."

Link nodded, then broke off into a run. Navi followed close behind. It didn't take long, and soon Link and Navi were in front of the guard again.

"Hey Mr, I got the Keaton mask!" Link said.

"Wha ha ha ha! Do you think you're in disguise or something, Mr. Hero? Hey, could I buy that mask from you kid?" the guard asked.

Link nodded and handed over the mask. The guard gave him 15 rupees before putting the mask on.

"Thanks, kid."

"You're welcome!"

"Now let's take the money back to the shop!" Navi said.

Link nodded again, then took off. On his way back, the sun began to set. Link picked up his pace into a sprint, barely making it to the bridge before it raised.

"Be careful, kid! That was dangerous. Next time wait until morning to cross the bridge," the guard said.

"Yes, sir!"

Link took off again and made his way to the Happy Mask Shop. He stepped in and found the man behind the counter. His smile widened when Link placed the ten rupees on the counter.

"Thanks, kid. Was the person who got the mask happy?"

"Very, he was very happy!"

"Wonderful."

"Well, I gotta go, thank you again Mr.!"

Link left the shop just as the sun slipped under the horizon. Stars dotted the night sky as the town settled in for the night. Navi let out a yawn as she settled on Link's shoulder.

"Hey Link, I think there was an inn by the Bombchu Gallery. How 'bout we stay there for the night and leave in the morning?"

Link nodded as he let out a yawn. They made their way to the inn and got a room for the night. Once inside, Link climbed into the bed and curled up under the blanket.

"Goodnight, Navi."

"'Night, Link."

~ * ~