~Getting the Kokiri Sword~

Link crawled into a hole and went through, following Navi.

"Navi, where are you going?" he asked.

"Just c'mon!" she replied.

She flew ahead, then stopped and waited for Link. He made it to the other side, then stood up. Navi started ahead but stopped when a giant boulder rolled by. She cried out, then flew under Link's hat.

"You go ahead. I- I'll stay up here," she shivered.

Link laughed, then started forward. The boulder came back, and Link followed close behind it. He jumped out of the way, then Navi flew out. She hovered over a chest where she waited for Link. He walked over and stared at the chest. He looked up at Navi, who nodded. He opened the chest, and his eyes widened. He pulled out a sword, then looked back at Navi. She flew down to him, then said,

"That's the Kokiri Sword. I think the Great Deku Tree would be okay with you borrowing it for a while."

Link nodded, then strung it onto his back. He went back, following the boulder back to the hole. He crawled through, then started back to the Great Deku Tree. Before he could make it to the passage, Mido blocked the way.

"Mido, move!" Link exclaimed.

"No! You aren't a real Kokiri, you don't deserve to see the Great Deku Tree."

"He called for me!"

"Then why haven't the rest of us heard about it?"

Link stuttered as the rest of the Kokiri circled around them.

"If the Great Deku Tree needs you for something, then he can talk to all of us."

Two of the taller Kokiri took hold of Link's arms, and they all went to the Great Deku Tree. Link looked around, trying to find Saria, but she was nowhere in sight. They came into the clearing and found Saria already waiting. She turned but stopped when she saw the others.

"What is the meaning of this?" the Great Deku Tree asked.

"Link said you needed him for something! So we're all here!" Mido responded with pride.

"Mido, son, I only need Link. Please, all of you, return to the village. I must speak with Link alone."

"Great Deku Tree, Link-!"

"I don't want to hear of it, Mido. Go, now!"

Some Kokiri ran back, but Mido stayed. Link walked forward with the sword and shield, then sat in front of the Deku Tree.

"What do I need to do next?" Link asked.

"Are you sure you are ready for this?"

Link nodded, then there was a loud creaking.

"Then go. There are monsters inside, I want you to kill all of them, then return."

The Great Deku Tree's mouth opened, revealing a dark inside. Link stood up, then looked up at Navi.

"Let's go, Link!" she exclaimed.

Link nodded, then they headed in.

"Now, Mido..." the Great Deku Tree started.

The boy looked up, then sat down where Link had been sitting.

"While he is in his trial, let me tell you something..."

~ * ~