~To the Princess!~

A light crow woke Link from his deep sleep. He flew up, throwing Navi aside. She yelped as she hit the grass with a light thump. Link looked down and saw a small Cucco wobbling next to him. He smiled before picking it up.

"Navi, look! It's so cute!" he exclaimed, giddy with excitement.

Navi flew back over to Link, letting out a yawn.

"Sure, sure. Just wake up Malon's dad and let's get going."

"Right!"

Link got on his knees and crawled to Malon's dad, the Cucco still in his hands. He set it by the man's head, where it let out a loud crow. The man jumped, getting to his feet.

"What in tarnation?!" he exclaimed.

Link backed up as the man freaked out. He paused, gaining his senses, then calmed down. Link stood, letting the Cucco free. He pulled on the man's sleeve, gaining his attention.

"Excuse me, sir?"

The man looked down, smiling at Link.

"Why, hello. Who might you be?" he asked.

"My name is Link-"

"Well, hello, Link! It's a pleasure to meet you! My name is Talon, I'm the owner of Lon Lon Ranch!"

The man, Talon, shook Link's hand roughly, shaking the small boy. Talon let Link's hand go, releasing a sigh.

"Y'see, I came here to deliver milk, but those boxes are so heavy! I must've sat down to rest, then fell asleep."

"Um, sir?"

"Please, just call me Talon."

"Right, Talon... Well, Malon is waiting for you, and she's really worried!"

Talon grew tense at the news, his eyes widening.

"She- She's worried! Oh, dear, I'm really gonna get is this time!"

Talon took off in a rush for the exit. Link looked up at Navi, and they both shrugged.

"Now that that's taken care of, finish moving these boxes so we can go!"

Link nodded, then moved the boxes into place. Once done, he climbed up one and jumped across the moat. He made it to the small hole, then climbed through. He made it to a small pool which led back out.

Navi flew ahead as Link climbed out of the water. She flew back, a worried look on her face.

"There are guards, so you'd best be careful!"

Link nodded again, then started forward. He made it past the first set of guards easily. After passing the fountains, he came to a spot with no place to hide. He gulped, looking around the hedge.

"Link, climb up here and go across!" Navi whispered.

Link listened, climbing up a steep set of stairs. He made it to a wooden platform which he started across. Halfway there, Link lost his balance. His eyes widened with fear as he watched the guard below him. He gulped, squeezing his eyes shut.

Navi flew down, pushing Link back up. He opened an eye, then sighed. He finished across, then jumped down. Link came to another set of guards, this pair keeping close together.

"How do I get past? They move so quickly..."

"Move behind them, but don't get too close!"

Link took a shaky breath before starting forward. He snuck up behind the guards, then ran past as they moved away. He did the same for the next set, making it to safe ground. He let out a sigh of relief, before running to a clearing where a person stood, waiting.

~ * ~