Chapter 42: Cuddles and Dress Up (Part 1 of 3)

[Pretend It's Okay by: Little Mix; that's the song on the side. The outfits are on the side also]

April's POV

I lay in bed with my head on Liam's chest as I draw patterns onto his bare chest. My thoughts were stuck on Danielle's words from his afternoon.

'He hasn't made up his mind yet. Once he sees me, hopefully, he would have made up his mind and trust me, his choice won't be you. Watch your back, Horan'

Would Liam really choose Danielle over me? Was I really that bad? I thought I was at least decent. Maybe not good enough for Liam, but I would like to be. Liam makes me feel special, happy. This is one of the few things that have made me happy in all of the years I've lived.

1) Finding out Niall is my brother

2) Meeting the boys

3) Having Ryan to support me

4) Dating Liam

I haven't been the happiest person, but I've tried. I've tried so hard. It wasn't easy to get happiness when you were being beaten, bullied. Meeting them wasn't a mistake. I just hope they feel the same about me.

"You okay?" I jumped when I heard his voice. I look up and see his eyes are still closed, but you can tell he's awake. He's snores a little when he sleeps, so it's easy to know when he's awake or asleep.

"I'm okay," I tell him while resting my chin lightly on his chest. He starts to rub my back before opening his eyes slightly to look at me.

"You sure?" Liam asks again. I nod and go back to drawing patterns on his chest.

"I'm just a little nervous about tomorrow," I tell him. He smiles at me and continues to rub my back as he speaks.

"You shouldn't be. We're going to go down their fancy little carpet, stop and take pictures and sign autographs, take our seats, watch the show, get awards, and leave," He says to me. I nod in response.

"What if I get sick and want to go home? Will Paul be there to take me home?" I ask him in a small voice. Truth is, that if he chooses Danielle over me, I will want to go to one of the rooms and cry until I fall asleep.

"I'll take you back. Let's just hope you don't get sick though," He replies with a secretive grin.

"Why do you say that?" I ask him. He looks down at me and pecks my forehead.

"I have a surprise for you. It wouldn't be good if you were sick though. Also, we will be leaving early. Just us two," He replies. I raise an eyebrow at his secretiveness.

"Really? Can I have a hint on what the surprise is?" I ask eagerly. He chuckles while shaking his head. He had a glint in his eye, I could've pin point it, but it was there.

"No. Now, go to sleep. I have to be up by 7 and I want to say bye to you before I leave," He tells me and kisses my cheek. He continues to rub my back as we both shut our eyes and let sleep consume us both.

___Morning____

I was woken up by a light pushing on my shoulder and a voice in my ear. I groan, hoping that made the voice and pushing will go away.

"Babe. Baby. I'm leaving," The voice said. I cracked an eye open and connected with a pair of dazzling brown orbs. A small smile slipped onto my face as he did the same. I sat up and stretched my arms over my head as Liam took a seat beside me.