Chapter 9: New Surprises

Hey, sorry this took so long, but tell me what you think. thanks! love ya!

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

APRIL❤️XX

__________________________________________________________

Aprils POV

So here I was, waiting in the hallway for Ryan to spill what he heard about my adopted parents. It's been a good five minutes. I would've thought he was dead if I didn't hear his deep breaths.

"Hello? Ryan? You okay?" I asked him. He took a breath before answering me.

"Yeah."

"Are you gonna tell me?" I ask him. A part of me thinks he's trying to stall but the other thinks he too nervous to get it out. Is it really this bad?

"Maria and Tom reset the court date....its in a week not 2 weeks," He told me. Maria and Tom were my adopted parents names. He didn't like calling them mom and dad anymore. I call then different words but I guess this will do.

"When is the exact date?" I ask him nervously.

"It's next Sunday. We have 7 days to prepare," He told me. He's only been serious very few times. This is one of those times.

"Okay, I'll meet you at the apartment in 10?" I ask him.

"Yeah. Be safe, I love you," He tells me.

"I love you too and I will. Be there soon," I tell him before hanging up. I walk back into the room to tell the boys about me leaving.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna head out," I tell them. They all look at me and pause the movie.

"Already?" Niall asks. The boys look just as confused as him, but I'll tell them another time.

"Yeah, Ryan needs me, but I'll text you guys later," I tell them. They all nod their heads and stand up to give me hugs.

"I'll see ya tomorrow," Niall tells me. I look up and nod.

"M'kay. I love you," I tell him. He smiles before kissing my forehead.

"I love you too. Do you want me or the boys to drive you?" Niall asks. I just shake my head at him as if telling him no.

"Okay, be safe then," He tells me. I say okay and say bye to the boys one more time before leaving. While I'm walking I think about everything that's happened so far.

1) Finding out I'm actually adopted

2) Niall Horan,from one direction, is my brother

3) Having a secret relationship with Liam Payne

4) Nightmares and flashbacks about Michael and Rachel coming back

5) Me and Ryan getting an apartment

6) I have a court case with my adopted parents

7) I'm friends with One Direction

That's a lot to take in a month. I'm glad I have most of these people in my life. Nialls a great brother, Liam's a great secret boyfriend,i guess you could call him that, and the boys, plus Ryan, are amazing people to hang out with. These people made my life more interesting and fun. They changed me. Most likely for the better.

Once I make it back to the apartment, I open the door and immediately see Ryan. He's sitting on the couch, hunched over and twiddling with his thumbs. His face shows nerves and frustration and slight anger. Once he hears the door close he looks up to meet my eyes. He stands up and walks over to me.