_stupid

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* FIRST CHAPTER OF THE NEW YEAR! *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*(*❦ω❦)*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ HAPPY 2020 + HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR FOR ALL MY ASIANS! .。*゚+.*.。(❁'◡'❁)。.。:+*

[Oh god I love Red Velvet way too much (・・;)]

*not edited*

"Do you want to go to the Autumn Carnival with me?"

Violet looked up from the mock Biology test she was marking to the six-foot-three demigod of a second male lead sitting across from her flushed red from the face down. From where she sat, she could see sweat shimmering across his forehead and the faint trembling of his lips as he awaited the outcome to his .1 second of bravery.

How cute, she thought, resisting her natural instinct to lean over their table and pinch his cherry red cheeks. Too bad I think you're the stalker.

After a painfully awkward start, Violet and Trixie stumbled into a less awkward study routine that involved very little talking, plenty of nonessential printouts (courtesy of Mr. Reinhart), and a few brief moments of "accidental" eye contact that made her stomach churn from discomfort than flutter with "butterflies". Talk about life outside of studying was kept at a bare minimum, their conversations about their personal lives only ever revolving around their surface level understanding of each other and the premeditated persona Violet put on for him whenever they met up at 'TABLE 12-E'.

Although she was still adamant about him being the stalker, Violet was kind of comfortable around the painfully handsome quarterback the more she was exposed to his character. He wasn't pushy like Gabriel, smothering like James, clingy like Jack, or--bless his heart--vexing like Gin.

Trixie was normal.

Apart from his obvious attraction to her--which a dumber, more oblivious bitch protagonist would've missed by a fucking yard--the younger Tristis was a breath of fresh air in a toxic gas chamber that was Amantes Mortem Academy. He was nice--albeit a boring kind of nice--but he was easy to understand, easy to talk to, and, of course, very easy on the eyes. He didn't prod in places where he could, didn't ask questions that dug too deep. In a much different game, Trixie would've been that uncomplicated, unfettered source of support in a world that worshipped "alpha males" with sordid pasts and volatile tempers.

But alas, this was Lovers: Boarding School and characters weren't as simple as they made themselves out to be.

She had Jack to remind her of that.

"I'm sorry," Violet said, shaking her head. "I promised I'd go with Jack." But he doesn't know that yet.

She hadn't actually asked Jack to the Autumn Carnival as she expected him to ask her out like his original counterpart; unfortunately, it appeared that Jack still kept a "friendly" distance from her thanks to her earlier precept of keeping things PG-13--at max--with the childhood friend.

That just had to bite me back in the ass, she thought, clenching her teeth.

"How about the second day?"

Flicking her eyes up to Trixie, Violet was met with swirling blue streams swimming in twilight skies and crystalline amethyst. How beautiful, she thought a second before she snapped out of her trance and substituted the wonder in her eyes with wariness. Fuck not again.

"I'm sorry," she said, playing up the remorse in her countenance. "I promised Jack we'd go to the arcade the day after." But he doesn't know that yet either.