08

santana's point of view

Is this some kind of sick dream?

They stare at me with warm and welcoming smiles, the smiles I have missed for years are now right in front of me and I don't know how to act.

My mother sighs before placing a hand on my shoulder. Her eyes shimmer, it's a big difference from her tired appearance she often had when alive.

Me: M-mom?
Mom: In the flesh, well, maybe not flesh because I'm a spirit but you get the point.

Holy sh..-

Me: Are we dead?

My dad hums thoughtfully.

Dad: Not yet my love, you're in the crossroads between life or death.

Changkyun and I exchange glances.

Mom: Changkyun you flipped off your jet-ski and ended up banging your head really hard. Santana once you heard the news you rushed to the hospital, you ran dead-smack in the middle of traffic.

She tsks.

Mom: Silly girl.
Dad: So now you both are here with us while doctors fight to save your lives.
Changkyun: Are we, are we going to die?
Mom: That depends on you two. Now, follow us.

We start down the same rows of tulips as before except this time it isn't expanding. It's actually get smaller and then the scenery turns into a beach. We jump in surprise but my parents don't.

Me: I really feel like I'm in a bad dream.
Dad: Nope, you're here ! You and your seventh boyfriend.

I hault my movements making Changkyun run into the back of me.

Me: How did..-
Mom: We see everything from heaven.

My eyes widen.

Me: Everything?
Mom: Okay ew, maybe not everything but most of it. I will say we were a bit surprised.
Dad: Very surprised.
Mom: But as you know love is very important  to us and each one of those young men love you more and more each day. If you didn't find them and they didn't find you both your lives wouldn't have been so good.

She smiles fondly at Changkyun.

Mom: Poly relationships are a lot to handle but it's not impossible.
Dad: Having seven son-in-laws is not something I wished for but just know I'll be in heaven cheering you on.

Before I know it my mother wraps her arms around me, I'm a sobbing mess. I missed my parents more than anything in this world. They been gone nine years and I still find myself heart broken as if it was yesterday.

Me: You didn't deserve to die that way.

My dad joins in on the hug.

Dad: Do you forgive me Santana? For being the 'cause of death?
Me: Dad.
Dad: Don't coddle me San, my debt was the reason we ended up dead. I take full responsibility for everything you've been through.

His eyes start to water.

Dad: I'm proud to have such a strong daughter.

He glances at Changkyun and hugs him as well.

Dad: And a strong son-in-law.
Me: We're not engaged!
Dad: Yet.

The sky begins to turn a soft grey color, I hold on to Changkyun's arm to scared to move.

Mom: Time to go.
Me: Already?
Dad: Yes, you two don't belong here. You still have long and successful lives to live with each other, and the other boys.

He sighs.

Dad: Seven, lord.
Mom: Anyways, you guys be blessed. Live and love without worries. We're always proud of you.

Tears continue to stream down my face.

Me: I love you guys.
Mom: We love you more, now wake up.

___

wonho's point of view

The sight of San's colorless, drained and bruised body is enough to make me want to cry all over again.

I rub the back of her hand with my thumb and sigh, she better come back to me. Her and Changkyun, my life wouldn't be the same without them both annoying me at random time of the day.

Changkyun whining 'Hyung' but not wanting anything, San yelling 'daddy' over and over again until I give her attention.

These two make my day a whole lot better.

I hear a bunch of commotion coming from outside soon enough the door opens revealing a banged up and weak Changkyun.

Me: What the hell?
Changkyun: Santana if you hear me you better come back to us? Wake the hell up!

Nurses and doctors are trying to guide him back to his room but he refuses. A squeeze at my hand make me glance down, San smiles.

Santana: Hi.

__

goodnight.