Chapter 11: A Crack In His Mask

Start from the beginning

"You know," he laughed, "I was really nervous to take you out today. I mean, it drove me crazy. I had all sorts of ideas I wanted to do with you, but I didn't want to scare you...so I just kind of chose the tamest thing. I wanted to show you a great day...but I'm messing this up, huh?"

"No, that's not it," she said, sadly.

The girl hung her head in guilt and pressed her knees against her chest. The male grinned, almost to a point of insanity, and watched as she tore herself up. He had thought he wasn't making any progress with her but it seemed that she was rather attached to him.

"In that case..." Rei trailed off.

He pinned the girl's hands above her head and leaned her to the ground, supporting her head. He gripped one of her hands and placed it on his neck. They looked deep into one another's eyes and the boy smirked. How badly he wanted to taste the lips that defied him. He leaned in close, his warm breath caressing her neck. He took his lips and pressed them against her warm skin, her addicting taste dancing on his tongue as he ran it up and down.

She shivered, whimpering, and he began to sink his teeth into her. She gasped, trying to push him off of him but he only began to bite harder, mistaking her shaking for pleasure. He'd done this to plenty of other girls who seemed to like it and they always made the most delectable noises.

He took a break, licking his lips when he realized the girl's terrified look. She struggled against his grasp on her wrists, making his eyes widen. 'Why is she doing that?' he thought, tilting his head. He gripped on her wrists harder, convincing himself that this was the best way to earn her affection. She cried out in pain and pleaded with him, her eyes tearing up.

"P-Please!" she begged, "Stop!"

For the first time in his life, he stopped doing what he wanted and gave up, feeling pity. Not for the girl, but for himself. He felt his own eyes tear up and looked away in terror, hoping that she wouldn't see. She sat up, rubbing her wrists, trying to alleviate the pain. Then she began to look at him, shying away slightly.

"Why?!" Rei shouted, gripping at his hair, "Why, why, why, why, why, why, why?!"

He turned so that he was facing (Y/n), allowing her to see his depraved state. His eyes were dilated unnaturally and he looked as though he was ready to kill someone. He began to lunge at the girl, strangling her with no fluctuations in his wrath.

"Why?!" he said again, tightening his grip on her, "You bitch! Do you think you can get away with that?! I'll kill you! No one'll hear! No one'll care! You'll die in a puddle of your own blood long before anyone finds you!"

The girl relaxed her body and put on a smile. The boy faltered, loosening his grip for a second before tightening it again. However, her smile set him off and he went off on her, screaming at the top of his lungs.

"Why are you smiling?! Stop it! Enough!"

"You've finally stopped hiding, haven't you?" she squeezed out.

"What do you mean?" he asked, scared.

"You know what I mean," she said softly, putting her hand on his cheek, "You put on a mask. You were faking. You were never that happy-go-lucky guy you pretended to be. This is who you are."

The boy felt a tear roll down his cheek as she said those words and he collapsed on his back, staring up at the sky. His body was shaking as he recalled his past. Then he felt the girl touch his forehead, feeling for if he was ill. He felt his face warm up and grabbed her hand, pulling her on top of him.

His expression was blank and his motives were out of pure curiosity, but (Y/n) didn't know that and the position they were in was more than shameful for her. Then he grabbed her hand, putting it where his heart was and gasped at the experience. Her body was warm and he pulled her into him, hugging her.