16.0

Nassiah
(I missed my babies ohhh lord)

   I looked around the shop exhaling, it was the middle of the week so it was kind of quiet. I was exhausted. Truthfully I mean I guess parents are always tired but shit. A nigga can't sleep no more for real. Maybe  because half the time  I sleep I keep getting that same ass dream. But of course with time more people where added so the dream is truly a nightmare.  Not to mention Alonso is stuck on fucking stupid.  Also it's been a week;  a week sense we've seen or heard from Layshon. I'm not dumb the boy was going to tell him to run as soon as he could, he thinks he's in love.  I was about to close up, id be lying if I said I didn't stay here longer so my brain could have peace and quiet that was until A dressed out Donnie came in with Maurice.

    "Lemme get a cut Nas" he spoke with a bit of attitude but sat in the chair quickly, Maurice on the other hand just gave me a look that said it all; Donnie's been bugging out. With every reason too- he got put back on probation for driving recklessly not to mention he had put Quelly back into rehab before the cops could throw him in jail. He's stressed beyond stressed.

  "Walk into my shit telling me what to do"  I mumbled putting down the broom and going to get my stuff that I just put away- within seconds a loud noise hit one of the barber stations making me turn to see Donnie loosing his shit.  "Aye! What's on yo fucking mind King Kong"

     "Everything goes to shit at once" he muttered.

"Who you telling, I gotta learn how to be soft enough to look king in his eyes - despite also wanting to ring his neck cause his fucking mouth and explain to him that he ain't pussy for what happened he was just manipulated because he was at a weak point" I spoke and Maurice whose been helping me with my wording all week let out a clap. 

  "You finally ain't come yell when you said it" he spoke.

    "Shits weird, we ain't ever deal with our issues we fine- now these kids always crying and shit.. like all da drugs we did we ain't ever get addicted"

  "You two aren't fine, more like a symbol for mental health— but did you know in Chicago or ones who had similar environments most men, especially men of color tend to be struggling with their mental everyday— stuff they seen, ptsd. But won't get help because they view it as weak— you two are teaching your kids that mental and physical help is important" Maurice started lecturing us like he tended to. I just started on Donnie's hair. Sometimes I realize this domesticated life wasn't really for me; yeah I love my kids- and Alonso is my rock sometimes but — shit mane old Nassiah would've been happy with a couple hoes and his guns. Everything happened fast- one day I was really just having to worry about a bullet coming through where I was at- now it's like, 4 kids- and the worlds a cruel place so make sure it doesn't fuck them up, but also don't hide it fork them— but don't be to soft, but don't be to hard. Like shit.

"Nassiah you hearing words coming from my mouth?" Donnie asked making me look down at him as I was just about done.

"What foo?" I asked making his eyes glance at Maurice then back at me. His look says it all before he chews his inner cheek.  As if the bot was scared and ain't wanna really say it.

   "I was at work right? You know da center earlier" he spoke, like he wasn't actually working in the center. Personally  Alonso and Donnie wasn't something I would put together in my own head- but the two get along; killing someone tends to do that. But Alonso to have Donnie, and the dumb ass twins working to better kids life makes me believe Alonso really be the Moses of the hood sometimes leading mother fuckers straight out of it. "And you know Val- aye stay focused" he said insanity after he said her name. "She watch these modeling shows and stuff- TMZ whatever the fuck— and Uh"  he looks back over at Maurice as I finished his hair and took off the  drape I used to catch falling hair with.