V. Last Minutes in Heaven

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Let's get out of here," I say she nods as I grab her hand and we both stand up. 

"Leaving so soon?" Cheryl questions with a smirk.

"Screw you Cheryl. I've tried so hard to not punch you in the face because of everything with Jason but honestly Jason would be so disgusted right now." 

"Don't bring Jason Into this Delia you didn't even know him-" 

"Yes I did! He was my..he was my friend...He was a great person Cheryl don't use his death as your way of cheating the system," I say before Turing around and walking out with Betty. 

-

Betty and I walk into her house only to be Greeted with Mrs Cooper.  "Hey, you're home early. Oh and you bought Cordelia with you. Great." Alice sats she is the only person who actually calls me by my full name in this town but you know I don't want to question the lady she seems like she could kill somebody with a snap at her fingers. I roll my eyes as I know she just does not like me. 

"How was the dance?" 

"It was fine. I mean, it's not the Met Ball or anything." Betty says shifting in her spot, itching to escape this conversation.

"Tell me about it. You can cheer me up." Her mum excited to hear all about it as it seems she's been through a long day. 

"I'm super tired, Mom." Betty says before heading upstairs. 

"Goodnight."  I rush up into Betty's room to see her on her bed crying. I rush over and pull her into a hug. 

"It's ok. You'll be ok."

-

"Reggie kissed yo-" I put my hand over her mouth as she literally screams it. 

"Yes but I don't need the whole Neighbourhood hearing," I say the both of us laughing. 

"Well...did you kiss back?" 

"No and it only lasted like six seconds before I release what was happening." I say 

"Well did you like it?" 

"I-...No. I don't like Reggie like that." 

"That pause says something else but Ok. Whatever you say Dels." 

"Betty!" The two of us stop laugh as we hear the fait call of Betty's name.

"Betty! I know your there!" I pull a confused look.

"Please Betts let me explain!" We look over at the window where the sound seems to be coming from to see Archie standing outside the Cooper house hold. Betty sits up and stands up and goes towards her door. 

"You want me to go with you?" I ask she shakes her head. 

"I'll be back." She says more of a whisper a few tears fall as she quickly wipes them away before trailing downstairs.  I follow her downstairs a few seconds later and sit on the steps where I have a clear view of the two  by looking through the door and I can hear everything. 

"I'm not going to ask what you did with Veronica at Cheryl's. But I'm asking you now, right now, if you love me, Archie. Or even like me?" 

"Of course I love you, Betty. But I can't give you the answer you want." 

"Why?" 

"You are so perfect." Betty scoffs at Archie's statement. "I've never been good enough for you. I'll never be good enough for you." Betty nods slightly before Turing and entering her house.

Betty closes the door leaning against it. I look at the girl as I stand from the steps seeing more and more tears fall before I rush over and pull the girl into a tight hug. 

"Your ok. Shhhh. Your ok..." 

-

And there the whole town stand. On the edge of sweet water river very early on the coming morning as they carry Jason's body, that had been found late last night, in a yellow bag sealed up ready to be taken to get an autopsy. 

A few tears fall before I turn and walk away from the scene only to bump into Jughead who had probably came to get more information for his novel. 

He looks at me and without another word wraps his arms around me into a hug and I hug him back.