Chapter Forty Three: The loyal and the unloyal

Aerolynns pov 

Sheer terror ran through me and I felt my hands start to shake. No. This couldn't be happening now. Anytime but now. I felt like I wanted to faint, but at the same time throw up and jump for joy that I was actually going into the labor process.

After your water breaks you have maybe twelve hours before pre labor begins, and the contractions start, which meant that if we didn't get out of here before then, than my baby would be born on this lethal ship.

"Ben." I gasped out, I felt my head spin and a cold sweat break out on my brow. "No, no, no. Not now." Ben supported my weight, wrapping an arm around me as I pressed my face into his chest, biting back the urge to cry.

"It wasn't supposed to happen like this." I said, Ben stroked my hair, not saying anything but letting me know he was there. It was supposed to be planned, I'd have my water break, we'd wait until my contractions were close together and then we'd go to the medical wing, bringing the baby bag that we had already set up, and then I'd five birth, Lena helping the whole time.

But no, I didn't get my dream birth scenario, instead I was stuck in the First Order base while people were apparently plotting our demise. Instead of in a bed with Ben holding my hand, telling me to push, and that everything was going to be alright; I was stuck in a ticking time bomb, it was only a matter of time before someone found us and everything went to chaos.

"Aerolynn, we have to go." Ben said, giving my hair another gentle stroke. I leaned away from him, wiping the tears from my cheeks and straightening out my hair. If I was going to give birth on this ship than I was going to do it with poise and grace. When this baby comes out, it will have a strong mother and it will know that she did whatever it took to protect it. It will know how I didn't give up.

"You're right. Lets get Hux and Eli and get the hell out of here, because I will not be having my baby on a damn ship where people want to kill me." I said.

"Alright..." Ben said, his eyes widening at my blunt response. But he didn't object and instead grabbed at my hand, but I quickly pulled away from him. He looked down at me, hurt spreading across his expression.

"I don't want you to get shocked." I said, lifting my fingertips to show the blue sparks that I was emitting from them.

"Oh okay." He said, chuckling nervously. He then pulled out his saber and ignited it again, pushing it out in front of him with such determination that it was like he was almost asking for someone to try and attack us.

I followed him through the ship, Elis and Hux's quarters were across the hall from each other, and they weren't too far from where we were. It wouldn't be too long until we were all safe and I could have this baby in peace.

"What if we don't get out of here, what if we don't find Hux?" I said, unable to hold in the questions that seemed to be crushing me from the inside out.

"Aerolynn." Ben said, looking at me, sympathy evident in his hazel eyes, "I will get you out of here. I promise. Our baby will not be born on this ship." He said, reaching out and giving my hand a reassuring squeeze. I wished I could've believed him but I knew I couldn't, as long as we had this threat looming over our heads, I could never believe him.

He continued on through multiple hallways, I didn't think I had ever walked through this much of the First Order before, and I now knew why. All the hallways looked the same, with the same black tiling and black walls, the similarity of it all was giving me a headache that I knew wasn't because of the ringing alarm.

"How long do we have before the contractions start?" Ben asked, giving me a look out of the side of his eyes. I looked down, my hand rubbing my stomach slowly in swirling motions. I sighed before saying: