Chapter Thirty Three: Symptoms and causes

Aerolynns pov

I rolled over in bed, snuggling my face into the pillow. But then, my stomach dropped and I could feel chills start all along my body and my eyes flew open. I quickly ripped the covers off of myself and ran over to the bathroom, barely making it to the toilet before I was heaving.

Once I was done I flushed the toilet with a weak hand and collapsed onto the floor, my back against the wall. My face was damp from the sweat I had worked up while vomiting, and I weakly fought off the waves of nausea that threatened to pull me under.

This had been routine for this whole week, every morning I'd wake up, and be pulled out of the bed by the need to lose my stomach, and then I'd lie in bed for at least an hour, just feeling horrible, and then I'd feel fine and I'd be able to stomach food as if nothing happened. It was the strangest thing, but I convinced myself that it was because I was stressed about the wedding the First Order was putting together for Ben and I, the one that the whole galaxy would be watching. I groaned thinking about it.

From behind the bathroom door, I heard the door to our room slide open and I felt Ben's presence grow shockingly near. I was too busy being sick that I didn't feel his presence getting closer. I stood up from the floor, fighting my gag reflexes that were begging me to bend over the toilet and instead swished my mouth with water, and ran a brush through my hair. I then, pinched my cheeks so hard that color was forced to appear vividly on my cheekbones, and I leaned against the counter for support. Then the door opened and Ben appeared on the other side, a look of concern on his features.

"Are you alright?" He asked, walking over to me in full Supreme Leader gear, including his mask which he had tucked under his arm.

"Yes, I'm fine, why would you ask?" I asked, tucking my hair behind my ear. My stomach was turning with nausea and my knees were growing weak as another wave went over me. I clenched my hands onto the counter, praying that I wouldn't puke. Don't puke, don't puke, don't puke was the prayer running through my head at full volume as Ben walked towards me.

"I felt your distress through our bond." He said, I swore under my breath. The last few times I had been feeling this way I had tried to block our bond and it worked for the most part, it exhausted me, but I could barely manage to block him off until I was feeling better.

"I'm just stressed about the wedding, that's all." I said, avoiding his eyes and instead looking at myself in the mirror. My artificial blush had already faded and I had returned to looking ghastly pale, and I knew I wouldn't be able to hide my sickness from him now.

"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked, he reached up and pressed his palm to my forehead, feeling my temperature.

"Aerolynn you're burning up!" He said, his eyes scanning my face in search of more sick features. But I bowed my head, trying to hide behind my hair in attempt to get away from him. But he gripped at my chin pulling my face up and forcing me to look at him.

"Tell me what's wrong, Aerolynn. Truthfully." He said, his hazel eyes glowering down at mine.

"I told you, I'm just stressed about the wedding." I said, the lie making my stomach turn and flip over.

Ben sighed, his eyes closing slightly in disappointment. He took my hand and led me to the bed, sitting me on the edge of it.

"If you don't want to tell me what's wrong, that's fine." He said, his hands winding into my hair. My eyes fluttered closed and I leaned into his touch as he massaged my scalp. "But please get some rest before the wedding today." He said before kissing my forehead gently and saying an I love you and then leaving me alone.