Chapter Twenty Five: Goodbye's

Aerolynn's pov

My legs were swept out from under me and I landed flat on my back, the breath getting knocked out of me.

I groaned and rested my head on the mat, closing my eyes in frustration. All I wanted to do was rest, my body was at its limit and all I wanted to do was sleep. But my break didn't last long because hands were then gripping my wrists and pulling me up again.

I opened my eyes and was met with Kylo's fist hurtling towards me. I let out a short sigh before twisting away from him and trying to kick him. But he caught at my leg and shoved me away from him making me stumble back.

"You're not working hard enough, your defense is sloppy and your taking too long to attack back. It's a good thing you're just going up against me, if you were going against someone else you'd be dead" He said, putting his hands back in front of him, and going into his fighting stance.

"So what you're saying is, you're going easy on me?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

We had been training for two hours, we were working on combat, the skill I lacked.

I desperately wanted to use my powers but Kylo forbid it, saying I needed to know to defend myself without my powers just in case I couldn't use them.

"I'm not going easy on you." Kylo said, "I just know you couldn't handle all of me." I scoffed and took a step forward, wiping the sweat off of my brow.

"Try it." I said, going into my fighting stance, "do your worst." Kylo chuckled, scratching at the back of his neck

"Aerolynn you can't be serious." He said through laughs.

"I'm serious." I said, stubbornly.

"You're going to get hurt." He said.

"Then I'll get hurt." I said, starting to walk up to him.

"Fine, have it your way." He said, and then he sprung at me. We had almost a vicious dance when it came to our combat. Since we were so in sync with each other we could calculate our moves and counter them almost perfectly.

He went to kick at me but I dodged it and instead hit I'm square in the jaw. He let out a grunt and elbowed me in the ribs.

I let out a gasp, gripping at my now throbbing midsection. I tied to throw another punch at him but he grabbed my fist and twisted it, hauling me away from him.

He then charged at me, without giving me time to react. He shoved me onto the floor, hovering above me. His legs straddled mind and his one hand held both of mine together so that I couldn't move them. I struggled against his hold on me but it was useless.

"Did that teach you not to test me?" He asked, I grinned and reached up, placing a kiss on his lips, surprising him, and while he was stunned I squirmed out of his grip, and twisted us around so that I was on top of him.

"Did it teach you not to test me?" I said, he laughed and reached up, about to kiss me, but then the door opened and someone walked in.

I quickly got off of him and stepped away, wiping the hair out of my face and praying that they didn't just see what we were doing. I looked back at Kylo and he had placed his helmet back on, his intimidating demeanor replacing the sexual tension that had just been in the air. He looked at me and nodded and we both turned to our rude intruder.

It was what looked like a sargent, he was dressed in a dark grey outfit with multiple badges on the right side of his chest. He was wearing a hat that had the First Orders logo on it and his uniform seemed like it had been ironed a handful of times to look perfect. He was handsome, around my age, and he looked oddly familiar.