Chapter fifteen: Poison

Aerolynns pov 

Rey's fingers delicately wove through my dark hair, tucking and weaving the pieces together. I heard her pull something from her pocket and then tie it to my hair, after a few more pokes and prods she finally let out a sigh of contentment, taking a step back.

"And that, you see, Aerolynn, is how you do my iconic hairstyle." She said, clasping her hands together, and smiling down at me. I looked in the mirror, admiring her work, I didn't look like her, my hair was darker, and I didn't have her freckles or brownish golden eyes, but in a sense I kind of did.

"You know, I always wanted a sister." She said, squeezing my shoulders before putting away her comb.

"Me too, don't get me wrong, I loved having brothers but I always thought it would be cool to have a sister" I trailed off, I frowned, picking at my cuticles. I had said 'loved' instead of 'love.' The reality of what just happened resonated deep inside of me, and my chest felt heavy.

"Hey, are you alright?" Rey asked, poking her head into the bathroom of the Falcon, I hadn't even realized she had left.

"Yeah. Of course, I'm perfectly fine." I said, blinking away the tears that were starting to brim my eyes. That was the thing, I knew that as long as I was still mad about what happened that night, if I just remembered who my family was and what they meant to me, I would always be mad at Kylo Ren, and I knew I'd never be able to forgive him or his First Order.

"We just landed, so get ready." Rey said, walking away. I stood up, smoothing out my hair, and then my clothes. Today I was going to the same place my family died, I haven't been to Tatooine since that night. Not that it mattered, Tatooine was big enough that we probably wouldn't even come close to where I used to live.

I quickly gathered my things, hooking a blaster onto my waistband even though I probably wouldn't even need to use it.

I got to the door, where Rey already was, she bounced on her heels, her mouth still in a smile, it was as if the lower half of her face was permanently stuck like that. I could see her lightsaber glimmering on her waist, I was still shocked that the actual Luke Skyewalker had held and welded that lightsaber.

"You ready?" She asked, looking up at me with concerned eyes. She really wasn't that much shorter than me, only around an inch or two. I didn't mind being tall, it gave me an advantage over most girls my age, I mean, Rey was only a few years younger than me.

"I think so." I said, exhaling and trying to release the tension that had seemed to coil itself around me.

Suddenly the door opened and the hot air blew into the cold ship, the air felt familiar, and I broke out into a grin as nostalgia hit me, even just the sand brushing across my cheeks and exposed skin made my heart beat into an excited flurry.

We walked down the ramp and into the sand. We had parked about a mile away from where we were supposed to be. We were going to a canteen where the supposed pilot should have been. I let out a sigh of relief as my eyes scanned the endless stretch of sand around us, I didn't recognize the village before us or where we were.

We walked for around twenty minutes, eventually reaching the town that when we first landed was only a tiny thing in the distance. We walked at a brisk pace, using our cloaks to shield our faces. No one really looked at us, besides a few sideways glances from people here and there, but no one seemed to recognize the last jedi and the electricity girl.

"He should be just up there." Rey said, pointing subtly at the dark hut like building in front of us. Alien creatures were slithering, jumping, and walking into the bar, talking in their foreign tongue. I didn't even know Tatooine fostered so many aliens. Orange snake like creatures yelled at each other in high pitched squeals, slapping at each other with their tiny... hands?