Chapter Thirteen: The first connection

This chapter will be switching perspectives something I don't really like to do, but it helps move the plot, but enjoy! 

Aerolynn's pov

It has been one month since I was taken by the Resistance, and I couldn't be happier. I dig my fork into the grey slop that the cafeteria supplied us with, laughing at a joke Rose made. Rey and I glanced across the table at each other as Rose laid her head on Finn's shoulder. We always looked at each other whenever we saw them getting touchy, they were cute, and they both told us they had feelings for each other, but just can't seem to get to the next step.

"Hey, any luck on that electricity thing yet, Aerolynn?" Poe asked, sitting down at the table next to me with a tray full of food. I glanced down at the mountain of rolls and gravy and the pile of cake that he had piled on, I wondered how he hadn't spilled any on the way over.

"Nope, not yet." I said, popping a carrot into my mouth.

"What are you trying to do exactly?" Rey asked, using her napkin to clean her blaster. I eyes the thing, trusting Rey not enough to accidentally shoot at us, but still anxious.

"I am trying to up my voltage. Currently when electric bolts shoot out of my hands it's at fifteen megavolts, meaning fifteen million volts, but I'm trying to get it to thirty megavolts, a voltage so high it's never been done before." I said, taking a sip of my water. Rey nearly choked on the piece of bread she was eating.

"Thirty million! Girl, do you have a death wish?" Poe asked, shoveling food into his mouth.

"Only slightly?" I said, grinning. "Hey, I think I'm going to go to bed early, I'm pretty exhausted and we have to go to Tatooine tomorrow." I said, before hopping up from the table. They all said a chorus of goodbyes and then I was off to my quarters.

I walked across the Resistance base which had become my new home. I loved it here, the Resistance has embraced me with open arms, at first I was reluctant, but then I learned that all they wanted to do was be nice to me. And then I was soon happy to help them in whatever they needed, making friends with Rose, Rey, Finn, and even Poe.

I said hit to a couple of pilots before walking into my room. I made the excuse of being tired to leave lunch, but in reality I wanted to brace myself for the trip tomorrow. We were leaving to Tatooine tomorrow, Tatooine was my home for nineteen years, it was where I grew up, but it was also where my parents were killed. We were going there to find some pilot that was from the First Order that apparently could help us in our attack on Star Killer that was going into action for next month. My stomach churned just thinking of going to Tatooine, with it's hot sun and hills of sand.

I quickly got dressed into my pajamas, which was an old tank top of Reys that she didn't want and shorts. I let my hair out of it's braid, letting it hang in waves over my shoulders, I brushed my teeth and then sat down on the edge of my bed, curling my legs up to my chest and wrapping my arms around them. I stared at my pile of clothes from when I left the First Order. They sat in a pile on the chair in my room, they hadn't been touched since that day. I sighed, wondering where Kylo was now, if he was thinking about me, if he ever still thought about me...

I stood up, my palm outstretched, electricity crackling at my fingertips. I could easily destroy them, just one bolt and they'd be gone, my only tie to the First Order would be obliterated into ash, into nothing....

I let out a whimper, wanting him to be out of my life, the bright silver First Order logo on the shirt teased me, I grit my teeth contemplating what I should do. The air hummed with electricity, my electricity. I let out an exasperated sigh before turning around, burying my face in my hands, I couldn't bring myself to do it. It was silly, being so attached to two articles of clothing, but I couldn't do it.