Chapter Sixteen: Turmoil

So just a little note, this is definitely an au story because the timelines don't exactly match up, it's a little after tfa because Han is dead and Rey is a part of the Resistance, but Rose is a character and Maz's castle wasn't destroyed either, so just bare with me because I assure you it'll all work in the end!

Aerolynns pov

I jerked awake, banging my head against the metal wall behind me. I groaned, my hand flying up to my head where I was sure a bump was already forming. I looked at my surroundings and found that I was in the Falcon's bathroom, sitting on the floor, my pant leg was ripped and a used syringe laid on the ground next to me. I must have fallen asleep. Then it all came flooding back...

I remembered the force bond with Kylo, and the sting, and then revealing our location to him by accident. My heart started to race and I could feel the sweat start to collect at the base of my neck. I quickly threw away the syringe, and cleaned up the vomit that was neck to the toilet that I must not have made into the bowl and then stood up.

I teetered on my feet for a minute, my leg ached and my head pounded but I couldn't rest, I had to go warn Rey. After running a comb through my hair and getting changed into a new pair of pants I met her in the cockpit, but much to my dismay we were already landing in a flat area rich with vegetation. Everywhere I looked there was green, green trees, green grass, I never knew there was this much green in the world, before. Back on Tatooine all I could see was sand, the brown stuff stretched on for what seemed like forever, miles upon miles of brown.

"Aerolynn!" She said, smiling sweetly up at me, "we just landed on Takodana, are you feeling any better, you still look a little pale." She said, her eyes scanning my face. I felt exposed, it didn't take much for her to just start probing my mind. The words: "Kylo Ren knows where we are," might as well have been written on my forehead in a large and colorful font.

"Er... yeah, I'm feeling much better, must have just been a few hours bug." I said, praying that she couldn't see the lie clear as day on my face. Guilt stirred in my stomach and I felt a million times worse then I did from that aliens sting. No, this was worse because Rey was my friend, she trusted me, and I had not only been chatting with her sworn enemy, but revealed our location to him!

"Really? I didn't think just a few hour bugs existed..." She said, getting lost in thought as she pressed a few buttons on the dashboard.

"Apparently they do!" I said, leaning against the wall and trying to act casual, not that it gave me much justice, my wavering voice told her anything but, "Rey....-" I started, at a loss of words. How could I tell my friend who acted like my sister, who had been nothing but nice to me regardless of my being associated with the First Order, that I had just gave Kylo Ren a free pass to come and find us.

"Yeah?" She asked, starting to stand and gather her things. She put her blaster on her hip, right next to her shiny lightsaber. She then adjusted the wraps on her arms, making them tighter. I wondered why she wore them, didn't they make her hot?

"I um... I have a bad feeling about this trip, I can feel it." I said, scratching at the back of my neck.

"Really, how so?" She said, looking at me through her short eyelashes. Her eyes were pretty, a light brown color mixed with gold, they stood out against her tan skin.

"In the...-" I hesitated, unsure of my wording, "in the electricity! I can feel it in the electric currents running through the air, yup, I feel it now, somethings definitely off." I said. Rey rolled her eyes, playfully, and nudged my arm.

"Come on, Aerolynn, your just being superstitious, if something was off I'd feel it too." She said, looking out the window of the cockpit, she must have been entranced by all the green too, I forgot that for most of her life she lived on Jakku, a desert planet just like Tatooine. She wasn't always the Resistance hero that she had grown to be.