Chapter 70: Back

Hayes' POV

It was one in the morning and I stay awake staring at the celling. Cameron didn't come. According to his twitter he is already in London. I was angry at him. He had no idea what was going on. The least he could have done was show up.

I felt myself getting increasingly angry. I quickly got up out of my bed. The room was light because I don't like to sleep with the lights off.

I opened my door and entered the pitch black hallway. I walked over to Nash's door. I slowly opened it and there Nash was, exactly where we left him the last time.

I knew I wouldn't get a response from him, but I decided to talk anyway.

"Hey Nash." I said softly.

"I tried. I tried to talk to him. He didn't come. I am so sorry Nash. But it's not the end of the world and I know you think it is. You have us okay. And dad is okay with you being gay. He really is. I just need you to be okay Nash. I really don't want you to end up like Will. I really don't want to have to visit a grave yard every time it's your birthday, I really don't want to have to tear up every time someone says your name. I need you Nash. I need you to fight this. I know you're in love with Cameron. And I know he loves you too. You two will find each other again. You will okay. I know you will. I know you're feeling intense heartbreak right now and that's okay."
I took his hand. No response.

I could tell he was still alive because there was a pulse. But he was completely unresponsive. "I love you Nash, dad loves you, mom loves you, Cameron loves you and Will loves you..." I felt a tear roll down my eye.

"I need you to come back to us okay. Please Nash..." I looked down. It was no use.

I let out a soft sniffle and got up. I slowly exited the room. I let the tears run down my face. I needed my brother back.

//

You know when you're really sad, normally that sadness turns into anger? Or the other way round, it doesn't matter. I was angry. I was very very angry. In my mind Nash was already as good as dead.

I pulled out my phone. I searched for Cameron's contact. I pressed dial. After about three rings, he answered.

"Hayes, it's like half past one in the morning." He said in a groggy voice. I could tell that my phone call woke him up.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked in a snide tone.

"What?" Cameron asked confusingly.

I took a deep breath in.

"You have no idea what is going on okay. I didn't ask for a lot of your time here. The least you could do, the least was to actually show up."

"Hayes you know I couldn't-"

"Yes you fucking could have. Do you want to know why I needed you to come here? Do you? Nash is bipolar. Manic fucking depressive. And he is currently having an episode. Do you know what that means Cameron? It means he isn't speaking, eating or moving. Do you know how long it lasts? Weeks, Cameron. It lasts weeks. Do you want to know how we know that? Because it's happened before. It lasted months okay. And do you know how he got out of it? He fucking tried to kill himself. And I'm pretty sure that's 100% what's going to happen here. Do you have any idea Cameron. Do you have any idea how much he loves you? Because it must be a fucking lot if you just leaving is causing him to have an emotional breakdown. You know what? I don't ever want to hear from you ever again okay. You can go fuck off in London. Enjoy your new job, your new life. Don't ever come back here again okay. This is your fault Cameron. It's your fault! And if he hurts himself, it'll be your fault too!" I said harshly.

I didn't wait for him to respond. I immediately ended the call. I then deleted and blocked his contact.

"Hayes?" a voice said. I looked up and it was my dad. "Dad?" I asked. "You were yelling... I came to see what was the matter." He said with a soft smile.

"Cameron didn't come." I said softly. My dad sighed. "Can you blame him though. I can imagine that boy must've been through a lot." He said while sitting down on my bed. "It's not fair dad. He should've at least come. Give it a chance before fucking off to London."

"Language Hayes. Look, you need to understand that you cannot blame him for this. You need to look at things from other peoples perspective."

I laughed. "Since when do you do that?"

"Since I found out how wrong I really was. How wrongly ive been treating you boys. I wrongly I treated Will... I have a chance to do things the right way here."

I sighed. "It's a little to late for that. Nash is already gone." I said softly.

"Don't say that. There's still a chance he will come back to us. You have to have hope." He said.

I shook my head, "Isn't that what you said just before Will..."

My dad sighed and got up. "I'm going to go and talk to Nash. Maybe some of my words will get through to him. You need to get rest okay. We will have a family meeting tomorrow and try to discuss our options." He said quickly. He then left.

I sighed. I just wanted my brother back.

//

QOTD: fav song right now?

-IFHY by Tyler, The Creator. Man I play it on repeat. Gives me feels.