Chapter 53: R U Mine?

Cameron's POV

I suddenly woke up to my phone ringing. I quickly grabbed it, being careful not to wake up Matt who was still sleeping. I looked over to Matt. He looked so adorable. No Cam. Push those thoughts away.

I quickly tapped the answer button. I didn't look at the phone though it was too bright and my eyes were just adjusting to the light. "Hello?" I whispered into the phone. I quickly got up out of the bed, slowly left the room and shut the door behind me. Making sure that I was being as quiet as possible.

"Cam?" My heart began beating faster and faster. I knew that voice. It was Nash. His voice sounded almost... broken.

"Nash?" I asked softly. "Come outside." he said. "Why?" I asked harshly. "Cam... just please..." he said softly then the line went dead. It took me a while to realize that he had hung up. I sighed and quickly grabbed my keys. I unlocked my front door and went down the stairs. This better be good.

I only then realized I still had my boxers on. Shit. I should've gotten dressed before I came out here. As I walked out into the parking lot, the cold hit me. I began to shiver. I made my way out to the gate.

Nash was standing against his car. He was wearing a pineapple button up, black skinny jeans and pineapple Vans. I lightly chuckled to myself. Nash really did like pineapples.

I awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck as I approached Nash. I pressed the button on my remote and the gate opened.

Nash smiled sheepishly when he saw me. He looked me up and down, probably because I'm only in my boxers. Typical Nash.

"Hey." he said softly. His eyes were welled up and he let out a small sniffle.

"Why are you here?" I asked. I sighed. He was probably going to make up some shit excuse and then try to have sex with me again. I'd probably give in though. This is Nash we're talking about.

"I just got back from the hospital." he said, his voice shaky. "What?" I asked a bit too loudly. "I have good news, actually its horrible news, but good for us, I guess." he said.

"There is no us Nash." I said while crossing my arms.

I walked a little closer to him.

"Lia was in a car accident this morning. She was drinking and driving." Nash said while shaking his head, he was shaking.

My heart started racing. "IS SHE OKAY?" I yelled. Despite my hatred for Lia, I still didn't want her hurt, not physically anyway. And to be perfectly honest. She was very sweet and it wasn't like she was trying to ruin my life. I was pretty sure she was oblivious to the bigger picture going on.

Nash shrugged. "I don't know... They said the impact hit her really hard..." He said slowly. I started to get angry. "Then why are you here Nash. You should be there. With her family. With her. She is your fiancée is she not?" I said while shaking my head.

"Jc is there with her. " Nash said with a shrug. "He's always loved her to be honest. And I, I just used her. She deserves to spend whatever time she has left with someone who actually loves her." Nash said. I could see a tear escape from his eye. "I was such an asshole Cameron. I just used her! And now she's going to die! She loved me Cam!" he said. He was getting hysterical. I pulled him in for a hug. I gripped him tight. God, I was just comforting everyone these days.

I felt myself getting all choked up too. Nash cried for a while. I stood there and rubbed his back. "Look, Nash it's not your fault okay. She was the one drinking and driving, not you. And yes... we don't want her to... leave." I said while my voice hitched and I wiped away a tear. "You need to understand that what you did, you did for a reason okay." I said with a sheepish smile.

Nash looked down at me. His face stained with tears. He lightly grabbed the back of my neck.

"I'm so sorry Cam... For leaving you. For leaving you all those times." He said in a whisper. I looked up at him. I had the sudden impulse to kiss him. So, I put my hands around his neck and stood on my tippy toes, getting ready to kiss him. Surprisingly, he leaned in and kissed me softly on the lips. I relished in the moment. He then pulled away.

"Lia will be okay." I said, trying to reassure him. Nash shook his head. "And what if she isn't?" he asked while looking down.

I grabbed the bottom of his chin and lightly pushed it up. "She will be okay." I said, trying to say it with as much confidence as I possibly could.

"The wedding's off." Nash suddenly said. I took a deep breath in.

"I'm sorry about that." I said, trying to act sympathetic. Nash let out a soft laugh. "No you're not."

I shrugged. "We aren't together anymore Nash. So it doesn't really mean anything." I said. Nash looked down and shook his head lightly.

"We could be together, if you wanted to."

My stomach started doing backflips. "What about your family?" I asked.

"I could make something up." He said simply.

"Like what Nash? You need to think these things out first." I lightly yelled. I was getting aggravated. He always does this. He never thinks things out.

Nash sighed. "I've already thought it out Cameron. This is all a mess." He said. "Yeah, I agree with that." I said. Nash shook his head. I was so sick and tired of playing these stupid games with Nash.

"You know what. I'm done with this. I'm done with you. I hope Lia is okay alright." I said while shaking my head and walking back.

"Cameron... Please..." he said, it was barely audible. I slowly turned around. Nash walked over to me. His eyes were watery. He pulled me into his grip. As much as I didn't want him to, I didn't resist. His left hand around my waist and his right hand cupped my face.

"I need this. I need us. I need it more than anything Cameron. I want to be with you."

"Then why do you have to make it so difficult." I said softly.

Nash sighed. "Okay. That's it. We're starting over." He said. I raised an eyebrow.

"You and me. We're starting over. Forget everything that happened to us. Everything. We're starting clean. Back to when we were best friends. Before we had sex. Before shit got complicated." He said.

"So, are we just going to stay friends then?" I asked, clearly confused by Nash's proposal.

"No, god no Cameron. I could never just be friends with you."

"So then what?" I asked.

Nash smiled and took my hand.

"Cameron Dallas, would you like to go on a date?"

\\

Question Of The Day: Favorite Halloween Movie?

- The Purge Anarchy, Rocky Horror and The Addams Family.