Chapter 38: Petty

Cameron's POV

"Babe." Nash said while sitting down on the couch. We had just returned from Shawn's Record Label Party.

We had gotten Taylor to go and talk to him. I know I said we weren't going to interfere but I thought closure was needed. Proper closure.

"I have to go home tomorrow." Nash said. I walked over to him and sat down next to him. The apartment was dark.

"I keep missing calls from Hayes and I feel like a horrible brother. I think I should go home for a bit." He said softly. I nodded even though he probably couldn't see.

"It's okay Nash. I understand. But text me okay." I said. He laughed. "I'm not that far, I'll literally be a few blocks down." He said. "Still not the same as having you next to me every night." I said. Nash gave me a sympathetic sigh and brought me in for a hug. "I'll be back before you know it. Permanently." He said.

"Would your parents be alright with you moving in... I mean after..."

"I wouldn't tell them." He said simply. He couldn't be serious.

"What?" I asked. "I can't Cam." He said slowly. I wanted to protest but I understood. As much as I wanted him to, I knew it was a touchy subject for Nash.

But then I started thinking about my future, about our future.

"Do you ever want to come out? You know to the fans?" I asked. I know that maybe now isn't the best time to talk about it but I needed to know. Personally, I wanted to come out to them eventually.

"No." Nash said.

I looked at him in shock. "No?" I asked. Nash cannot possibly expect me to keep this a secret for the rest of my life.

"I don't want to ever come out Cameron." He said, not looking me in my direction. I could briefly see his face that was lightly illuminated by a sliver of moonlight.

"That makes no sense! You'll have to come out eventually. They'll figure it out Nash. If you never have a girlfriend, never get married, never have kids. If we're always together!" I said, my voice raising.

"I don't want to talk about this." Nash said. He still hasn't looked at me, at least I think so.

I took a deep breath. There's something I've been wanting to ask Nash. I just never built up the courage. I guess now's the time.

"I want to tell my mom. She's coming to visit me in a few days along with my sister. I want to tell them. And I want you to be there with me when I do it. " I said. I really wanted my mother to know. She deserved to know. And my sister was my sister. I loved her to death. And more than anything I wanted Nash to be there for me when I did tell them. I wanted his support. I wouldn't be able to do it alone.

"Tell them yourself." Nash said while getting up and walking away.

Looks like asshole Nash is back. I sighed.

I stood up and spun him around. "What's your problem Nash? I just want your support here!" I shouted.

"Unlike my parents, you're fucking mom will be supportive and you're goddamned lucky your dad is dead so you won't get fucking beat up-"

"Get out Nash." I said firmly. I hoped Nash realized what he had just said. He knew my dad died a few years ago. And he knew how badly it affected me. I cannot believe he brought him up. I never thought Nash would go that low.

"I said, get out." I repeated.

Silence.

"NOW!" I screamed.

I head him shuffle and run out the door. And just like that, he was gone, again.

I wondered how long it would be this time. If he'd ignore me again. I wouldn't put up with it, not again.

I could feel the tears streaming down my face.

Suddenly, my phone rung. I quickly answered it. "Cameron." the voice said. It was Taylor. He sounded like he was in panic. "Yeah?" I asked while wiping the tears from my face.

"Shawn is missing."