Chapter 37: Closure

Shawn's POV

I stood on a balcony, over looking California. Although, you couldn't see much except for the bright lights that were almost blinding.

I came out here to get away from all the pretentious people that were at that godforsaken party. People that only want to talk to me because I'm Shawn Mendes. Not because they care about what I have to say.

I hate people that think they're better then everyone else, and that place was filled with people like that.

I needed to take a breath. As weird as this all sounds, I didn't like the attention. I didn't like the fact that my record label was throwing this gigantic party. I didn't feel it was necessary.

They just did this for publicity, publicity leads to money, which is what everything is about ultimately. Well, to them anyway.

I didn't care about the money.

Although I was immensely proud of myself for achieving Triple Platinum on my album, I just felt empty.

Like there was no point.

'Even if you were still together, he wouldn't have come anyway', that small voice in my head said. It was right.

Before, I felt I had something to prove with him. I'd work so hard to impress him, only to get shot down in the end every time.

I felt a cold wind hit me.

It was very cold on the balcony and I was the only one there as far as I was concerned.

I could hear the faint sounds of music coming from the party downstairs and I could see the long lines of cars outside. All of this was for me. And yet I didn't want it.

I heard faint steps approaching me from behind. I prepared myself to leave. I needed to be alone. I didn't think anyone else would find this place.

"Congratulations on you album hitting triple platinum." a voice said. I turned around.

"What are you doing here? Who let you in?" I asked. "Nash and Cameron snuck me in." he said.

"Why are you here Taylor?" I asked while turning around and resting my arms on the balcony. I avoided eye contact with him.

"I just wanted to congratulate you. I got worried when I couldn't find you but then I realized you'd probably be off somewhere on your own. This isn't the kind of thing you'd like. You're too humble for this kind of attention, " he said. "I know how hard you worked for this." he continued. I turned around and faced him. I took a moment to notice what he was wearing.

He was wearing a navy blue suit with a black tie and his hair was sleeked back. He looked handsome.

Despite his appeasing look, he still hurt me.

"Why do you care?" I asked. "You never bothered listening to my music or coming to my shows anyway." I said while rolling my eyes.

Taylor walked closer to me.

"The Weight." he said simply. I looked at him with a confused face.

"The Weight is my favorite song from your album." he said.

"But I thought-"

"I listen to your album every night Shawn, despite whoever I was with." he said while looking down.

"You never said." I said while rubbing the back of my head.

Taylor shrugged.

"Why are you really here Taylor?" I asked. Taylor took a deep breath.

"Those two years didn't mean nothing to me Shawn." he said simply. He said it with such sincerity.

"If they didn't then why did you cheat?" I stated.

He took a deep breath. "Honestly, I don't know." he said softly. I shook my head. Typical.

"I didn't love any of them Shawn." he said. "Including me." I snapped.

I expected Taylor to correct me, but he didn't. I really really just wanted him to correct me and tell me he loves me, but I know he wouldn't.

Taylor walked over to me and handed me an envelope. He smiled softly.

I looked down at the envelope, I could feel something small inside of it.

I looked up again and Taylor was gone.

I quickly opened the envelope and saw the ring I had thrown at him previously.

It was in perfect condition and there was a note.

'Dear Shawn,

I'm sorry I couldn't be the wearer of this ring but keep it for someone who deserves it, I sure as hell don't'

//

Question Of The Day: Any Piercings?

-Lip, tongue, eyebrow, 5 on ear and one stretched.