Chapter 4: It Meant Nothing

Cameron's POV

I sat in my living room gulping down the eggs and bacon that Matt had made. Matt sat across from me eating his food rather slowly. "You not hungry?" I asked as I stuck a piece of bacon in my mouth savoring the taste. Matt put his plate down on the coffee table. "What?" he asked with a perplexed look on his face. "You aren't eating your breakfast." I stated while motioning over to his half eaten food. He shrugged. "Is something wrong?" I asked.

"It's just that--" he stopped and looked down. I placed my plate down on the coffee table next to Matt's and went to sit next to him. "Matt." I said sternly. "What is wrong?" I continued while I took his hand into mine and intertwined our fingers. He looked up at me with a look of sympathy. He sighed and pulled out his phone, opening up a conversation between himself and Nash.

•Nash✈️:

Matt, please do not say anything about what Cameron told you.

•Matt🙊:

Why?

•Nash✈️:

Because it meant nothing and i don't want anyone to know

I stopped reading there and got up. It meant nothing. Nothing. How could he? Did he honestly feel nothing? Tears were streaming down my face at this point. I never cry, crying is for the weak. Yet here I am crying like a baby. Matt came over and pulled me into a bear hug. "It's going to be okay." He said while nuzzling his head into my neck. No, no it is not.

"I can't do this." I said while grabbing my car keys. "Where are you going?" Matt demanded while grabbing my arm. I pulled my arm from him. "To Nash's." I stated simply while exiting my house and approaching my car. Just as I got in Matt ran up to me. "It's

not worth it." he said while looking at me with pleading eyes.

"To me it is."