23 | You can drown or you can die

Start from the beginning

I sat relatively close to the D-listers because of my sad spot in the school, which made it easy to tune into what they were saying. She sat down with the people who rejected the A-listers in the past, and I saw her attention turn to one of the redheads.

"I'm Laura," I heard her say, Giving the redhead an adoring smile.

Rather than saying, I know, as most would say, he smiles back at her. "Luca, nice to meet you, Laura."

"Nice to meet you too," She replies. "This might be a little...out of the blue considering we just met. But I have a  Personal Finance class and Introduction to Business class I'm really struggling with and I noticed you guy in computer lab yesterday morning..."

"So, you wanted help?" He finished.

"Yeah, pretty much. It's cool if you don't know much about that subject-."

"No-no! I can help with anything you want," Wow, I thought. They'd been talking for no less than 5 minutes and he's already wrapped around her finger.

"Great! I had a test this Friday, you think we could study after school?"

"Yeah, yeah of course. I'm available today," The amount of control these people have is unbelievable.

"Great," Pulling out a piece of paper and pencil she probably had prepared for this moment. Scribbling down what I assumed what was her number, she slid the paper towards him. "See you around Luca."

And with a wink and a wave, she was gone.

Tao and I shared a math class, not like she would ever notice but we do

Tao and I shared a math class, not like she would ever notice but we do. I see directly behind her, which it quite convenient sometimes. Such as today when she was furiously texting what I assumed was Isaia, referring to the fact it literally said his name at the top of the screen.

If it wasn't for how closely the 30 chairs were squished together in this closet-sized classroom, I wouldn't be able to see what they were saying. But I could see almost perfectly.

 But I could see almost perfectly

This school is like a reality tv show

This school is like a reality tv show. Except the only people watching are the few hundred in the school that are going to probably forget and move on when they go to college. I wonder if the A-listers knew their games were nothing compared to what Laura had planned. Nothing compared to what the real world had planned. I used to wonder if Laura herself took this seriously. 

But it's obvious to see, she doesn't care. If she fails, she won't care. This school is like the 27th club, Laura is set up for fame one way or another. The only difference is she'd be the least likely to die out of the 8 of them. Soon to be 9.

They need to learn,  their materialistic taste in lifestyle isn't going to work out if their daddies money is the only thing paying for it. Because what happens when the source goes down? The clinging source follows it to the grave. Commensalism relationships get you nowhere. And materialistic commensalism gets a one way trip to failure. Of course, unless you're Laura Strathen.

But you aren't. And neither is she.

She's a fake. The Materialistic pricks that follow her like puppies are fake, and the school's hierarchy is a fake. Let's be fucking honest for once, everyone in this place is fake. How can you even trust what I'm saying, I could be a fake as well?

Money can't buy happiness, and happiness can't buy money. You either drown in money or float in trash. 

Which is why the only way to survive successfully in this school, and the lifestyle that follows is to become a materialist yourself. Expect the best, prepare for the worst, and be ready to let money and petty popularity control you. If you aren't ready, get the fuck out of here, I'm sure the heroin addicts living under the London bridge will accept you.

When the option is to drown or float, in this world, you pick to drown.

Song Of The Chapter:

A/N

In the very beginning of the story, 00 (Pt.2) to be specific, I put in a playlist for the song. Each chapter was a different song. This is the last song of the playlist, the last book of the chapter. But I'm not even CLOSE to finished with this story. So instead of making a new book, I'm splitting the following books I originally planned to have into parts. 

The reason I ended it with an anonymous's person POV is so you get an outsider's look on the school. This book is probably far from realistic, but if you think about it, that's pretty much how our world is set up. The rich get richer and the poor say poor. If you start from the bottom and get to the top you're an extremely lucky one. Out of 7 billion people in the world, how many are millionaires? In 2018 it was estimated only about 14 million people were. That's not as many people as it seems. 

Anywho, in the next part, I will be introducing more characters along with a cast list of those people that are going to be important to Laura, maybe not the story as a whole and they might fade away throughout the books. But people I want to have an impact on Laura.