Chapter 4: Mitchelle

Mitchelle ⬆️ 

Mitchelle's P.O.V

"Why did you tell him that?" She was angry. 

"I'm sorry my wolf didn't like how y'all were looking at each other," I admitted.  "He won't tell anyone I promise." Even though she didn't say anything I could tell she was slightly annoyed with me. 

"You were jealous?" She asks tilting her head to the side.  Part of me was embarrassed to admit to it again but I was. "You don't have to be I promised I could give this a chance and I meant that." Pulling her into my arms I take in her scent just holding her until I felt like letting go. I could already tell I was a lucky man and I planned on cherishing her. Since the door wasn't closed a head pocked in and I rolled my eyes at the person standing before us. 

"I just wanted to talk to you for a moment," Hannah said, talking to me but looking at Kimberly. To my surprise Kimberly didn't place her head down or cower away instead she looked her dead in the eye. Kimberly excused herself but as much as I didn't want her to go I could tell she no longer wanted to be in here.

"What do you want Hannah?" 

"Why do you have to be so rude all of a sudden? I just want to talk to you it has been so long," she said, about to sit on my bed but I grab her arm.

"I don't know where you've been don't sit on my bed."

"Are you still upset that I left you back in high school Mitchelle? That's so childish," she says standing with her arms folded. 

"You left me to be with someone you thought was more powerful and that showed me something about you. We are not friends and we will never be together again. This is not me being upset but this is me being honest with you." 

She didn't know what to say and I could tell by how she would open her mouth and then close it back "Is she your mate?" she asks.

"Why does it matter?" I ask back.

"It matters because you're acting like you don't care anymore because of her. I know you care about me Mitchelle." She walks forward like she's trying to reach out for me but I step back from her. 

"Alpha Jones has three openings for his pack in England if you continue to disrespect me you will be shipped away. Leave my room now." She knew not to say anything back to me and left the room upset. Sitting back on my bed I lay my head back thinking of my mate and hoping that sometime soon I could hold her while we just lay here doing nothing. She was perfect to me and I couldn't wait to get to know her more sitting up I think about how I haven't even asked for her number to ask her out on a date. Standing up I think of a surprise to put together and I realize her friend will be able to help me put it together. When I find her room I lightly knock hoping Kimberly wasn't inside I didn't sense her but I did sense my beta. The door finally opened after a moment and it was David. 

"What are you doing here?" 

"Oh... I..." He didn't know what to say but then the door pushed open a little more and it was Kimberly's friend. It didn't take a genius to figure out what was going on moments ago. Also, the lipgloss on David's lips gave it away. 

"Alpha Mitchelle," the girl says shocked "Is everything ok?"

"Yes, but I need your help." David and Ashley both look at each other as I continue "I want to surprise Kimberly with a secret dinner and I was wondering if you could help me." She started clapping and jumping up and down in excitement.

"Are you two mates?" she whispers. Nodding my head yes made her more excited telling me to come in the room so that we can plan something. We planned for hours and after I headed back to my room to finish researching Kimberly. 

Next Day...

Waking up to my alarm going off I never realized that I fell asleep still trying to search for information about Kimberly but nothing was there.  Hitting the alarm I get out of bed and head to the shower turning on the hot water before removing my clothes. My phone ringing made me get out of the shower to answer and it was my father.

"Son I need to see you in the office now," he said before handing up. When I open the office door a nurse is attending to him and I rush over to his side.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Son please take a seat." Pulling up a chair I sit next to him and he takes my hand. "I couldn't be more proud that you have done so well in training. Everybody speaks so highly of you when they reach out to me."  

"Dad, what does that have to do with you?"

"Let me finish," he says "I asked you to come back early because I'm sick. I was diagnosed with terminal stomach cancer."

Standing up I look at him confused "You're a wolf your body should be healing from this. Why is it killing you?" He couldn't answer me but it made my mind go crazy thinking about how this was even possible. The nurse was leaving the pack but I ran to stop her in the hallway.

"Can you explain to me how this is possible?" She look around like she didn't want anyone else to hear us.

"It appears your father was poisoned but you can not tell him I told you any of this," the nurse said.

"Who does he think did it?"

"We hid this from you but your father encountered hunters about a year ago and things have been developing since then. Your mother doesn't even know about this." I was trying to wrap my head around all of this but it was hard to. She said the last bit of information she could give me was the case file. My body was on fire and my wolf was calling out to Kimberly and I just had to be closer to her. The nurse left and I helped my dad back to his room before going to search for Kimberly. Following her scent she had to be in her room so I knock on the door before I heard her say come in.

Pushing open the door I see her sitting at her desk writing something. She didn't look up so I sat in the chair next to her and just stared at her until she turned her focus to me. It was like she could tell that I was stressed out and she moved closer to me. She asked what was wrong but I just shook my head not wanting to talk about it. She let me lay my head on her chest and I felt the emotions coming forward as the tears fell. She just held me until I stopped crying letting me know whatever was going on would be ok. 

"Whatever help you need I'll be here," she said. Her words brought comfort to me and even though seeing my father's sick made me feel weak, I felt like the most powerful man with her.