Decisions We Make

9 months later...

Push, Push, Push the doctor says. This was thee most painful shit I had ever experienced in my life. Mitchelle and I decided on an at-home water birth since it was healthier for women. During my pregnancy, I was afraid of this day. I knew the pain was going to be too much and it was. I can shift into a whole werewolf but labor pain is ten times worse. 

The last push was followed by a release of pressure but I was still in pain.

"Something's wrong. Why is she in pain still." Mitchelle asks the doctor.

"I need to push again," I say interpreting them. 

"What?" Mitchelle questions. I start pushing and there is another baby that comes out. Mitchelle and I look at each other and then at the doctor.

"Twins," Mitchelle says. "We didn't know it was two."

"Babies can hide being each other. In your ultrasound, there was only one baby." the doctor says.

"What about the heartbeat?" I ask. "Wouldn't they have different heartbeats?"

"It is also possible for baby heartbeats to sync or one to overpower the other."

Both babies get cleaned up and then laid on my chest. I had already pushed out the placenta so I was now lying in the bed holding them. I was emotional and so was Mitchelle and his mother. I was happy to see her here smiling even after losing her mate. For a lot of us when we lose our mates we slowly die as well. Depression and anxiety usually cause wolves to do things to themselves. 

Once the room was cleaned up the doctor checked the babies and made sure they were both ok. 

"Amara Danielle and Amina Mariee" Mitchelle incorporates the women in our family's names together. Amara was his grandmother so I was happy he named her that. The first few nights were hard trying to get our two little girls on a schedule but we did it. 

Mitchelle would have pack meetings and we would join, until the girls got fussy, and then leave when they were hungry. The pack had grown with the men and women we saved from Omare. I stood on the pitch watching people interact with their mates and it was nice to see how everything turned out.

I feel my arms wrap around me and Mitchelle kisses my neck. 

"Look at everyone getting along in peace. We did good didn't we?"

"We did. We made some very good decisions."