Chapter 14: All Hail Kimberly

Jessica arrived at around 10 a.m. with three men from her team. They were kind as they escorted us to the car. The four of us watched as one of the men started to say a spell, as we got further down the road, everything went black. Mitchelle gets tense, but I place my hand on his lap.

"This is nowhere road," Jessica said. 

"Nowhere road?" Mitchelle asks.

"Yes, we call it that because the road doesn't exist. The only way to access it is through magic." 

Light fills the car, and we pull up in front of a gate. The house in the distance is luxurious, and I notice people lined up outside. Jessica puts in a code, and we pull in before the car stops. She motions for us to get out, and we follow her. When Mitchelle and I walk next to Jessica, the people's eyes go big before they kneel. 

"Kimberly has arrived," Jessica said. 

"All Hail Kimberly," they say in unison. My eyes go wide, watching all these people worship me. I am not one of those people who want to be worshipped.

I was so uncomfortable with all of this. Jessica had a huge smile as she led us down the walkway. At the end of the walkway stood two people who looked shocked to see me. They take us inside, where the same thing happens again. One by one, they start kneeling to me. The older woman with us asked them to stand once she noticed my face. 

"This may all be very uncomfortable for you, but you're a special woman. My name is Ella, by the way."

"Who do they think I am?"

"Not who they think you are, but who they know you are. Your mother was rumored to have been gifted a special power from the moon goddess. That rumor was confirmed when she healed the King that once ruled over all supernatural beings."

"A King?" Mitchelle asks. She motions for us to enter the room in front of us, and we follow, sitting as we wait for her to continue. 

"Nobody speaks about the King and Queen that ruled during that time because it was erased after they died. After seeing how their bodies were left, people were terrified. Your parents stood up when everyone else was too cowardly. They made a peace treaty and decided there would be no rulers. Alpha's were happy they didn't have to follow under one command, and Witches were happy to be free. Vampires and Werewolves got along surprisingly, while Witches moved around, making homes in secluded spaces. The attack happened, and water was poisoned, leaders were killed, and children were taken. Not many people are alive from the time it happened. We have another group with a place like this farther into the woods, but we don't communicate. Nobody else even knew until now."

"Why tell us then?" David asks. He was still skeptical of everything. My wolf believed it was the big brother in him.

"Because we need Kimberly and Jessica to lead this fight."

"Why didn't I get this power?" David asked.

"It was said the moon goddess only gave the power to the firstborn daughter. We have never questioned why."

David looked at me. "How do we ensure her safety?"

"We can't," Ella replied honestly. "We never knew who or what did this, but we know they are powerful. What we can ensure is that everybody is willing to lay down their lives for Kimberly."

My wolf cringes because we didn't want people to die for us. We enjoyed the power coursing through our veins, and it felt good, but people dying for us was too much. 

"Jessica, now that you have Kimberly here, I can give you the names of the other team. There are more witches there that can help her train her powers." Ella hands Jessica a piece of paper, and she looks at Ashley. "Now that chatter has started, we need her to be prepared as soon as possible. Take the garden path." Ella excused herself, telling Jessica to take good care of us.

The path in the garden had big trees and looked normal until the man from the car touched the tree and a door appeared. We enter, and I feel a surge of power through my body. The environment felt safe and welcoming as we walked to the woman in the garden.

"This place feels like home," I whisper to Ashley, who was beside me. The silence made me turn to look at her, and I saw she was completely frozen. "Ashley." When I call her name, David turns around, noticing how spaced out she is. 

"Mom," she whispers. Tears start to fall as the lady gets closer to us. Moving past David, she runs to the woman, and they hug. Then, she pulls away from the woman. "How could you just leave me? I thought you were dead this entire time."

"There was a bounty on my head. If I had kept you with me, you may have died. I hid you in the best place." I could see Ashley battling with being upset and letting go. A tall man approaches, and again, Ashley is staring at him. No one could question that he was her father. She looked more like her father than her mother.

After their reunion, he guided us across the land, showing us the training area, healing grounds, and the lounging room. This place was like something out of a dream.

"This place here is where everyone sleeps, so I will escort you all to your rooms," Ashley's father said. 

"We can't stay," Mitchelle replies. "I have an entire pack to run, and they can't be left alone."

"Well, Kimberly needs to be here."

"She's my mate and Luna of the pack," Mitchelle replies.

"You're talking about one pack when her powers can save all of us." Ashley's father steps closer to Mitchelle until they are face to face.

"OK, enough," I yell. "Mitchelle, follow me." 

We walk to the open field farthest away from the building.

"What are you doing?" I asked. 

"What am I doing? I'm taking you back home," he replies.

"I can't go back home just yet after I train-"

"After you train? You didn't even like the idea, and now you want to train?"

"Did you not listen today? There are already rumors going around about me. I need to be able to protect everyone when danger comes."

The anger was seeping through his expression. "I can't allow you to do all of this alone."

"Allow me?" Now it was my wolf that was pissed off. "You can't allow me to do anything. I will be staying here."

"You're picking this place over me?"

"I'm picking this place for you and all of us. Whatever is coming for me killed my parents and will try to kill me. I have to do this."

He couldn't respond because Ashley cut us off. "Sorry to interrupt, but we have some important news." She hands me her phone to read a text, and I gasp.

'Kimberly has been identified by an anonymous source. Things are moving faster than we thought.'