Chapter 20: Kimberly

Everything was chaotic. People are crying as they watch the ones they love fight against the poison. We had to call Jessica to get more help attending to the poisoned pack members. I blamed myself for this because I should have known he would try something against us. The charm in my pocket moved while I was helping people. When I sat next to Ashley I watched the monitor seeing her heart rate slowly dropping.

"They won't make it like this." Jessica was standing next to me when I felt a headache coming in. My wolf was in discomfort but I told her to wait since my mind was already too focused on how to help the people in the pack. The charm moving again made me pull it out of my pocket when I had another vision.

"I have faith that you will know what to do with this." My mother placed two brown boxes into the ground and buried them. She hums a song and when she's finished burying the boxes she places something into the ground.

It won't be long before the sun rises so I stand up "We need to take a trip somewhere." Jessica looked unsure about leaving the people here but I had to follow my charm. I told her to tell Mitchelle and David to get ready and I went to get dressed.  It didn't take long before we left the house just like in my vision. We get in the car and I can tell David is anxious but trying to keep his cool. The only difference from my dream is Jasmine and my uncle is with us. I felt it would be good to have my uncle in case he remembered something about the area we were traveling to.

The charms lead us further away from the pack and the sun is now rising. We stop close to a hill and my uncle sits up looking out the window. 

"Home used to be right up that hill." I roll my eyes looking away from him and getting out of the car. Walking up the hill wasn't hard and the moment we got to the top I felt a wave of power take over me. The charm led me to the spot I saw in my vision and Mitchelle grabbed the shovel we brought. The further down he gets the shovel hits something and he throws it to the ground. I get on my knees and reach for the first box and then the second one. I decide not to open them here and wait until we get home. I looked around for a few more minutes just wondering if anything could be left behind. My uncle was standing in the middle of the field looking around probably remembering the land once was.  My wolf was feeling a little sick and I could tell by how bad I started to feel.

"You ok?" Mitchelle asks.

"Just feeling a little lightheaded." When I said that he requested we get back to the pack and I headed straight for his office. It was now just Jessica, Mitchelle, David and I sitting in the office ready to see what was inside the boxes. 

I open the first one and there is a green liquid inside with a letter in a different writing. Jessica picks up the paper and reads it easily. "This is old vampire writing. Vampires would use this writing and teach it to family so they can speak freely." She pointed to the green liquid and read that it was a cure that my mother made after everyone was poisoned. She had to use the poison itself to make this. No one knew my father was poisoned but she saved him with this antidote. The ingredients and amount to give were on the note as well. 

The ingredients are the poison, the blood of a vampire, and the blessings of a witch "There is a cleansing spell I was taught. If we need to make more we have everything we need." 

The next box had clear liquid vials inside and a note saying this could be used against the "deranged wolves".  Nobody else could know about this so I placed the vials of green liquid in my pockets and made my way to the yard.

"What do you plan to do?" David asks.

"I'm going to put the liquid in needles and give everyone some. If we need more Jessica and I can use our blood plus the spell. He nodded as we walked up to a table full of needles. We kept the people outside because some of them were too sick to move and we didn't want to lose anyone. David and Jessica helped me fill the needles and Mitchelle helped us go around giving everyone a shot. When we get to Ashley I let David do it since I know it was killing him to see her like this.

Her eyes flutter open just a few minutes after the liquid is in her system and she looks to us as tears fall down her face. David hugs her and they share a long kiss.

"Ok enough I want to hug my best friend too." I push them apart and hug her as she cries more.

"I was so scared I thought I would never see you again."

"Could you feel anything?" I ask.

She nods. "I was awake. I could feel myself slipping away but I couldn't open my eyes." Now I was crying with her. Ashley was too important to me to lose her. 

Mitchelle's phone rings and we turn are attention to him.

"What, when," he yells into the phone. We wait for him to be done as he runs a hand over his face in frustration. When he composes himself he looks at us.

"The NighWinds pack was destroyed a few minutes ago. Whoever did it left a note saying they will see us soon."

We know who did it but he doesn't know that this time we will be prepared for him.