Forbidden Chapter Fourteen

Hi I'm very tired and very sick and I've just been making myself more miserable by bingeing KH2 on Critical Mode, combine that with how fuckin' hard Roxas' Theme hits me, and I am mentally checked out and prolly physically as well

BUT NOT MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY CHECKED OUT ENOUGH TO NOT WRITE Y'ALL SOME STORIES, YEAH BOI

===============================================

"A wha... huh? A Servant of Naga, you said?" Elise asked, wondering if she had misheard the beast looming over her.

"That is correct." The voice echoing in her head never failed to send a shiver down the young girls' spine. "Though we are long gone and forgotten by many, we still watch over you and the rest of humanity from afar, though I am the only one left who watches over you from this plane of existence."

"Servant of... hmm." Elise hummed to herself in thought as she tried to recall just where she had heard the name before. Her eyes almost literally lit up as the thought crossed her mind. "OH! That's right! Leo was reading a book about you guys! So YOU'RE why he had a sudden interest in the topic!" The girl huffed triumphantly as she crossed her arms. "He said that he heard something about you and that's why he wanted to read the book, but with how rare and divine the book made you all sound, I didn't believe that for a second!"

(Y/n) chuckled at her words, a low and hearty sounding one. "Divine, you say? Well, that's quite the honor, especially coming from one with such holy bloodlines as yours. You flatter me, Milady."

Elise giggled, hopping off of her horse with surprising ease and letting her companion wander and do his own thing while she walked up to (Y/n), all previous fear that once seized her now completely gone, as if it was never there to begin with.

"Gee, never did I think I'd ever see a real dragon though... I've only ever seen paintings, and even those don't compare to the real thing!" Elise muttered, daring to raise a hand and run it across the scales that lined (Y/n)'s neck, the dragon letting out a soft sound that sounded oddly close to a purr at the touch.

"I'm quite pleased to see your first impressions of me have left, Milady. I'd truly hate to frighten you."

"Oh, well, you did scare me a bit at first... Okay, well, you scared me a lot. But I guess it was more a fear of the unknown, huh?" Elise looked up to the dragon with a wide smile as she spoke, her hand not having its place on the dragon's neck.

"Oh... right..." The girl muttered to herself as she looked down at her brother, a thought crossing her mind as she gazed upon his sleeping face.

She had never seen him quite this content as he slept before, or ever, really. Not that she crept into his room and watched him sleep on a regular basis, but she had done her fair share of dragging him out of bed whenever Xander or her Father told her to. There had been many mornings when she saw him sleeping so peacefully, so sound and content that she almost didn't have the heart to wake him. But all of those mornings she saw him near snoring, all of those naps he sometimes fell into when he didn't get good sleep the night before...

None of them even came close to the look of comfort and utter peace on his face now, as he slept against the body of this beast.

"Why... why did he come all the way out here, do you know? He's kinda far from the castle..."

(Y/n) let out a sigh as she turned her head to look down at Leo. "Elise... might I call you that? In truth, when I came across him on this specific night, he was wounded. His hand, to be precise. But that wound... I do not think it was the reason he fled to this near-forgotten riverbank. In truth... I believe he fled here simply to escape, if only for a night. I'm... well, I cannot say what is troubling him to this extent. As I stated previously, that is not my place nor my story to tell. However, his motives for coming this far away from civilization are to merely breathe and be free to speak and do what he thinks. And, well..." (Y/n) let out a sigh as she bowed her head. "I'm more than happy to provide that for him. Even if it's just for a few fleeting hours, I find joy and happiness in comforting him in whatever way I can."

Forbidden (Fire Emblem Fates Leo X Dragon! Reader Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara