Forbidden Chapter Sixteen

I PROMISED SEVERAL READERS OF THIS STORY THAT I WOULD UPDATE THIS STORY THIS MONTH AND YOU KNOW WHAT IMMA DO IT, I KNOW IT'S BEEN LIKE 50 YEARS AND I'M SO SORRY, BUT IMMA TRY TO KEEP UPDATES REGULAR FOR THIS, I SWEAR ON MY OWN LIFE

=================================================

And yet, hidden away, deep in the forests of Hoshido that bordered the ocean, three girls sat comfortably, with none other than the moonlight to accompany them, and in each of their hands, they held a glimmering, yet mysterious scale that came from the body of a dragon not seen in the lands they called home. Wonder was in each of their eyes as they conversed over the shard that was tougher than any stone, yet smooth and almost comforting to the touch.

"I can't believe... that this came from a dragon," Corrin mumbled absentmindedly to herself, running a gloved finger down the edge of it as she marveled at the color. "I still find it hard to believe that I myself can turn into one, but this..." Her eyes widened as she let out a soft gasp, barely audible to even her own ears as she looked at the girl to her right. "Do you think it could have come from someone like me, Azura?!"

Azura hummed at the question, setting the scale in her hands down on the earth in front of her. "I'm... unsure. If so, then she was a dragon that was a very different form from yours. Her form was... menacing, yet in a respectable way. Almost as if she was a deity that had come down from the heavens above to deliver what she had said to us."

"A hidden message of ill will lies in wait behind a blonde curtain of betrayal and hurt in the Castle of Darkened Souls..." Sakura began, her eyebrows furrowing together adorably as the scale she possessed simply laid limp in her grasp. "...The truth shall become apparent to both purity and corruption. Allies sit silently in the most unexpected places, waiting for you." Letting out a tiny puff of air, she leaned forward a bit, allowing her elbows to rest on her legs as her fingers began to absentmindedly fidget in the midst of her thoughts. "But what does that mean? A blonde curtain of betrayal and hurt? Purity and corruption? What on earth could she have m...meant?"

Corrin let out a hum of thought, bringing a hand up to rest on her chin as her eyes narrowed with thought. "It's definitely a head-scratcher, that's for sure. I only wish we could see this dragon, so we could ask it a few questions. The Castle of Darkened Souls... That has to be Castle Krakenburg. There's no doubt in my mind there. And the blonde curtain of betrayal and hurt...could she..."

A near look of horror crossed her features as her complexion paled a fair bit.

"Could she have meant my sister?! Or my brothers?!"

She realized the error of her words immediately, almost going stiff as she turned to quickly look at both Azura and Sakura, a look of regret working its way onto her face. "I-I'm sorry, I know they aren't my siblings... but still, I..."

Azura allowed a sympathetic smile, though small, to light up her face. "You miss them. And care for them deeply still."

"Of course I do! I mean, I love you all just as equally, as this is my home. But..." Letting out a sigh, she crossed her arms over herself tightly as she stared at the ocean waves beyond the hills and through the blades of grass, the next obstacle in their path in their march towards Nohr and, hopefully, where Ryoma was. "...I can't deny that I love them too. Though they aren't my birth family, I won't deny that I still wish only the best for them. The last thing I want to do is fight them, let alone wish any harm upon them. I... I truly wish that it didn't have to be this way... that we could all fight together, and bring peace once and for all..."

Looking up to the dark blue skies above, she muttered a prayer that not even the two girls next to her could begin to hear.

"Please let me be wrong... please let my family be okay over there... no matter what they think of me... please let them be okay."