Forbidden Chapter One

2, 4, 6, 8!

Who's ready for an update?!

==============================================

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Xander's Armored Fist pounded against the Door, the sound echoing loudly across the Darkened Halls and into the Great Room beyond the Heavy Onyx Doors. Leo felt a cold layer of sweat form on his face, an indescribable tightness forming in his throat as he heard the deep, commanding voice of his Father boom from the other side of the heavy doors.

"Speak your Name and Business."

Leo let out a shaky breath, the voice of his Powerful Father sending a chill up his spine.

"It's Xander and Leo. We're here to Report."

Even Xander's Voice was hesitant, and Xander was always the one who had the courage to speak up against Father. Was Xander just as nervous and terrified as Leo was?

... No. Xander was the strong one, the sturdy beam of the Family. No way he'd be scared of something as simple as talking to Father.

"Enter."

Leo drew in a shaky breath before exhaling, entering the Room with Xander after said male had opened the doors.

Castle Krakenburg was truly a magnificent place, a place fit for a King that was in Power, that ruled over his Kingdom with an Iron Fist. And the Throne Room was a place where you truly felt that great power, the Power of a King that brought both Fear and Admiration to his People. Leo's Heart stopped for a moment when he saw his Father sulking in that Throne, an Obsidian Throne where the Obsidian Ruler sat, a menacing look on his face as he watched his two sons approach.

His Gloved Hand lowered onto the Arm Rest of the Throne, his fingers gripping the Arm Rest tightly as he glared daggers at his children. "I hope you bring some good news of the attack on Hoshido." Leo internally flinched, his Father's Voice terrifying him. But he had to stay composed, he had to show absolutely no weakness in front of his Father. If he did, he didn't even want to imagine how his Father would react. He heard his Older Brother speak up, his voice sounding Loud and Clear in the Great Room. "We all managed to take down a good portion of the Hoshidan Army. Even a few of the Generals. Many bodies were scattered across the Plains of the Battlefield. We did not disappoint, Father. That I assure you." Garon nodded his head, his face showing zero emotion. Did that scowl hide the emotion of pride, or joy behind it at his children's success?

It was hard to say...

"There must be more news... I expected something more... enthralling to happen during our Declaration of War against Hoshido... Well, Leo? What else happened?" Leo's Breath hitched in his throat. Was his father addressing him instead of Xander? What was the meaning of this? Xander went to speak, his mouth opening, but before words could even leave his mouth, he was cut off.

"I asked Leo, therefore Leo must answer my question. And I expect a satisfying answer, Leo."

Leo knew what he was asking about.

He was asking about Corrin. And why she wasn't here.

Leo took a deep breath and tried to speak with as much authority in his voice as possible. Weakness was not allowed in front of Father. It was no option.

"Father... About Corrin... She discovered the true circumstances of her birth. That she was a Blood-Heir of the Queen Mikoto of Hoshido. She..." Leo closed his eyes and sighed, trying to ease the tightness in his throat as discreetly as possible. "She betrayed us, Father. She is fighting within the Hoshidan Ranks now as their Commander, and although we tried to convince her that her actions were wrong, she ignored our words of truth and still sided with them. Our Greatest Apologies for not being able to bring your daughter home, Father."