Forbidden Chapter Ten

It's been far too long since I've updated this. Sorry.

=======================================================

Leo gulped away a heavy lump in his throat as he dabbed a damp cloth to his injured hand, hissing and flinching every time the cool handkerchief made contact with his burning skin. Leo knew that his father wasn't happy with what happened in Izumo. Hence why this happened to his hand. But Leo DID silently wonder if he was at least a little happy with how he went about it. Peacefully instead of violently. Leo obviously knew that his Father didn't think like that, but he did wonder at times if he did have at least a tiny part of good inside of him.

Knock Knock Knock.

Leo groaned in agitation. This was the 7th person to knock on his door in the past hour ever since his confrontation with Camilla.

"Leeeeeeooooo? Please let me in!"

Elise...

"I won't tell anyone if you did anything bad, I promise!"

.... No. He couldn't let her in. Of all people to burden with his troubles, it could NOT be his little sister. He had to get out of this damned castle. Even if it was only a night, he just had to leave.

His eyes immediately drifted over and made contact with his balcony and the open window. That... THAT was his escape.

Holding his injured hand close to his chest, he crept over to a keepchest he kept hidden almost out of sight in the corner, being quick and quiet about opening the top. His eyes scanned back and forth rapidly, his left hand pulling through all the contents of the chest until his hand landed on a long, coiled up pile of rope.

"Leo, dear. Please, open the door. We just want to ask you what happened."

No, not Camilla too. Please please please, not her too.

Leo couldn't get distracted now. Grabbing the rope, he ran over to the balcony edge and dropped the rope to the floor, grabbing the end of it and trying to tie it to the balcony edge, which, fun fact, was a lot easier said than done with one hand.

"Leo. Open the door. Now."

Damn it, Xander too?!

Once Leo was sure enough that the knot was secure enough to hold his weight, he tossed the rope over the balcony's edge...

And the door quickly slammed open.

"Leo!"

Nothing.

The room was barren of the young blonde, with no trace of him left behind except a damp, bloodied handkerchief and a rope that was thrown over the balcony's edge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"HYAAH!"

With a loud cry and a swift flick of the reins, his battle companion let out a snort of slight protest before taking off into the sunset basked evening.

Once a good half an hour passed, Leo felt it was safe to stop. Pulling on the reins once again, both he and his horse let out a sigh of relief, with Leo climbing off his companion and taking slow steps towards a nearby river that flowed through the valleys slowly, not crashing against the banks too harshly, but also making its presence known among any who passed by.

Falling to his knees, he saw his horse begin drinking from the fresh water in his peripheral vision, and he felt guilty, only guessing how much pressure and exhaust he put his companion through in the past half hour. He gently grazed his fingers through his horse's mane, smiling in slight content as he saw the gentle, brown eyes of the beast blink at the touch.