Forbidden Chapter Eleven

Alright, update after 40 years, here we go

===================================================

Everything was silent. The only sounds to be heard were the heavy breathing of the Wyrm behind him and the gentle flow of the river in front of him. Leo wanted to cry. Everything was falling down onto his shoulders, and for once, Leo was practically begging mentally for someone to come and just take it away. Just make it all go away. Make him forget Corrin, make his siblings forget... make Father kind again...

Please. For the love of the Gods, please. Please, make all of it go away.

The tears. Leo could feel them coming in the figurative form of a raging current. His eyes began to burn due to the salt of his tears. His face began to redden as he tried so damned hard to compose himself, not let his emotions overcome him... His throat began to tighten, almost unbearable to the young male.

A shaken sob finally broke through his lips as he hung his head and began to weep.

Yes, the wounds his father inflicted on him were physically painful. They hurt a hell of a lot, and it didn't take a Scholar to figure that out. But they hurt the most mentally. They were such a huge, near-fatal strike to his mind, his mental state, his goddamned ego. Everything was crumbling, his happiness, his pride, his damned sense of being. He was breaking, and he didn't think he'd be able to take much more of this.

This... what hurt the most was that this had been going on for so long.

Garon's abuses. 

Granted, it was all purely mental and not physical then. But he could hide it all then. He could hide it when Corrin was here. He could hide it when his family was whole. He could hide it when Elise smiled genuinely, when Camilla doted over them all, even doting over her older brother, when Xander looked at them all with such... pride in his eyes. It was all so easy to hide then...

But now that his family was falling apart, his resolve and strength were too. He felt cornered, felt backed away as everyone looked at him with expectant eyes.

He wasn't used to this. He didn't know how to handle it. Didn't know how to cope with it mentally, now that the strength of his family was gone.

A heavy weight was felt on his left leg, causing him to look over, taking a bit longer to register the sight with his teary vision. (Y/n) had laid her head on his leg, and it gave him comfort, but also reminded him just how much smaller he was than her. Her head was easily bigger than his entire torso, and he always felt like an ant next to her.

Silence... sometimes silence is the best form of comfort... she seemed to understand that perfectly. Her piercing, yet hypnotically calm eyes stared straight ahead, and although he had a hard time reading her emotions and expressions... she looked conflicted if he had to guess...

God, the tears were coming down in streams down his face now, and he hated it. Crying always made him feel disgusting, hence why he tried his hardest to not do it often.

Leaning back against her cold, yet smooth form, he just let them fall. He wasn't going to hold them back, not now. Not when he felt like this. Not when everything inside of him was on the verge of exploding. It would all repeat by tomorrow. Everyone would come to him, worried out of their minds, begging him to tell them what was wrong, but he would always push them away. Sure, maybe he needed them now, but with the situation involving Corrin and Hoshido, this wasn't something he could burden them with now. Not only had their sister left for their sworn nemesis of a country, but their brother was getting abused by their father? It'd just be too much for them all.

"Leo?"

Leo let his eyes open as the serene voice echoed in his mind. The tears were still falling, showing no signs of halting. Gulping away the lump in his throat, he began to speak.