PROLOGUE

"Princess, hurry now so we won't be stuck in traffic" my Dad shouted from their room which is just across my room.

"Yes Dad coming!!" I hastily run after I put extra clothes, towel, and Kuma my teddy bear on my backpack. I am very excited now coz I will be spending the whole day with my parents. It rarely happens because they both have very busy schedules. My Mom is a doctor while my Dad is the CEO of the Kim Corp, one of the biggest conglomerate here in Korea. Most of the time we don't see each other because they usually go to work before I wake up and when they go home I was already asleep. I really missed them a lot that's why when we happen to eat breakfast together one morning, I told them that I already miss them. They said they miss me too that's why they promise me that both of them will take a day off so we could spent a whole day being together as a family. So, I am so happy that they are now fulfulling that promise. I am so excited and happy that finally I get to spend time with my parents but what happened next is very unexpected.

"Mom.. Dad.. Why.. huhu" I am now sobbing here at the playground on the garden of our mansion. I am sitting on the swing alone while everybody is inside our house to attend my Mom and Dad's wake. They died due to car crash and I was the only one who survived coz they've protected me from the impact of the collision. We were supposed to be having a family day that time coz Mom and Dad promised me that we'll go on a picnic to make it up to me due to their busy schedules. They took a day off just to fulfill their promise but the supposed to be happy moments became tragic when a ten wheeler truck crashed into our car. My Dad tried to avoid the upcoming catastrophe but he didn't succeed. The truck was so big and we can no longer dodge it, either way our car will bump into it. Mom and I are sitting at the backseat while my Dad is driving. I saw it with my own two eyes how the truck bumped into us. The glasses scattered due to the strong impact of the collision and the loud sound of it almost makes me deaf until my Mom hugged me tight protecting me to any kind of harm. She's the reason why I am still alive and breathing. She did everything just to protect me at all cost. I felt numb and I was so scared when I saw blood dripping from my Mom and Dad's head. Their eyes were both closed and I wanna hug them and wake them up but I couldn't move any muscles in my body.

"Mom! Dad! Wake up please I'm scared"

I keep on repeating those words until my voice becomes hoarse. I heard loud sound of sirens from an ambulance and I can see a lot of people hastily moving towards us to give some help. There are people in a red uniform approaching us, holding a stretcher and I watched them took my Dad from the driver's seat then my mom. I forced myself to stay awake but I can't until I lost my vision and drift off to sleep.

I slowly opened my eyes and a white ceiling in an unfamiliar room welcomes me until I heard a child's voice.

"Dad! She's awake now! Jennie's awake!" I looked at where the voice is coming from and there I saw my cousin Jisoo running towards Uncle Josh her Dad which is my Dad's brother.

"Thank God! Jisoo call a doctor outside now!"

Jisoo immediately run outside the room tp follow his Dad's command. So I am in the hospital? I hold my head and scrunch my face when I suddenly felt pain on it. My vision is blurry but I can clearly see Uncle Josh walking towards me. He smiled and holds my right hand and he sligthly pinched it. I forced a smile before I asked him a question.

"Uncle, where's Mom and Dad? Are they okay?" I asked.

I saw him turned his gaze away from me that made me confused. I was about to ask him another question but the doctor came so I wasn't able to do so.

I watched the doctor as he pulled out a small flashlight from his pocket and beginning to check my eyes. I followed the light like he said and I blinked a couple of times when the lights hits my eyes.