"Don't tell me to calm down!" Jinyoung snapped, those words only making him rage more. He was breathing heavily, his eyes full of fear despite the fact that they were safe. "I saw it..."

Jaebum blinked. "What?"

Jinyoung shook his head before leaning down and pressing it against Jaebum's chest. He spoke in shaky puff of breaths. "I saw it. You started to get that black glow around you before I noticed the truck coming. You dumbass..."

Jaebum's eyes widened. If it weren't for Jinyoung, was he really supposed to die just a few minutes ago? No wonder it was a big deal to Jinyoung, this must've struck up his bad memories. "Oh shit, did I scare you? I'm sorry-"

"You were literally an inch from death, do you think I can handle losing you?" Jinyoung sobbed, a wet puddle soon spreading across Jaebum's shirt.

What was he supposed to say? There was nothing he could do to make the situation better, he just felt awful, and was still in shock from the fact that he was saved from death. Something that Jinyoung failed to do with the last person he watched over, he did for Jaebum without even a second thought. How was he supposed to react to the weight of it all? "I..."

"Shut up." Jinyoung mumbled, his hands holding Jaebum close despite the fact that he was quite pissed off by the situation. He was angry out of love, and the possibility of losing the person he cared so much for terrified him.

Jaebum hadn't meant to frighten him that bad. He never meant to make Jinyoung sad or hurt. All he could do was hug the angel tight, though his signature back rubs didn't help him calm down at all. "Sorry..."

It took a while for them to get themselves together and go home. But eventually they got up and headed back to the apartment; even when arriving there Jinyoung was still quite shaken up by it all.

Jaebum was too, he still couldn't believe he missed death by just a few seconds, but he figured it was best to just be thankful that he was still alive, thankful of Jinyoung for being there to save him, and move on.

It was a bit awkward speaking to Jinyoung after it all, but he was too worried about him to avoid interacting with him. "So um... you want me to order dinner or-"

"I'm not hungry." The angel responded.

Jinyoung's tone was a bit scary; Jaebum could tell he was still upset. He didn't want to press or anything though; given enough time, Jinyoung would surely cool down on his own. "Okay. That's fine."

Jaebum decided to try taking a shower. He could at least get his mind off of things, and maybe when he finished Jinyoung would be a bit calmer. He headed off towards the bathroom after shedding his light jacket by the door.

"What are you doing?" The angel asked, his eyes watching Jaebum like a hawk.

"I'm gonna go shower before changing clothes?" Jaebum reported, a bit curious as to why Jinyoung wanted to know.

"Okay." Jinyoung nodded then walked over to Jaebum's desk and grabbed a book he'd been reading recently.

Jaebum watched him walk back towards him, the angel's behavior still unclear. "Where are you going?"

"With you." Jinyoung replied.

Jaebum blinked, growing a bit flustered as his mind quickly plummeted to a darker place. "T-To shower? I mean, I didn't think you were in the mood for that but okay-"

"Not for sex weirdo." The angel corrected, rolling his eyes at Jaebum. "To make sure you don't do anything stupid."

It took a moment to understand what was going through Jinyoung's mind, but based on what happened earlier, Jaebum quickly put together why he was acting this way. "Jinyoung, I can shower on my own and not die. I know I scared you today, admittedly to my own idiocy and I'm so sorry about that, but c'mon, this is a bit far-"