4

"Ew, it's so small and cramped." Jinyoung complained as they entered Jaebum's little apartment. It wasn't exactly tiny, but it wasn't luxuriously large. It was a small homey space with the necessary bathroom, kitchen, bedroom and living room. Jaebum had enough room to fit his belongings all in that one apartment; he didn't have much anyway.

It was enough for him, though he never really expected to bring over company, so preparing for another person to stay with him was the last thought in his mind. It was only for a night though, that's all.

"It's a normal sized apartment, what do you mean?" Jaebum retorted.

Jinyoung stood by the doorway, refusing to touch anything as if he'd contract a disease from it. "The structures I'm used to living in are enormous, with high ceilings and pure gold accents decorating it beautifully. It's quite wonderful to admire just the architectural design of it all."

Honestly the admiration of architecture was boring and unneeded, especially to Jaebum who just wanted to go to bed at this point. "Jeez, you're a nerd too?"

"Just because I appreciate beauty doesn't mean I'm a 'nerd', whatever that means." Jinyoung muttered.

Jaebum took off his shoes and jacket, placing them by the door before heading into the kitchen to find himself dinner. "How can you tell it's an insult if you don't even know the meaning?"

"You're tone. It wasn't nice." Jinyoung slowly followed him, obviously not wanting to be left alone in an unfamiliar place, yet still treading lightly across the wooden floors that could probably use some remodeling.

"Means you're into nerdy things. Science, math and all that." Jaebum explained, partially ignoring Jinyoung who was becoming quite annoying quite fast.

"Well there's nothing wrong with an education, is there? Oh wait, you didn't have one, did you?" The other sneered.

"I had one, just don't need to rub it in people's faces." Jaebum muttered as he pulled out some leftovers to eat, shoving them in the microwave and heating them up for 2 minutes. "It just shows how nerdy you are."

He received an eye roll in response before Jinyoung turned to take a better look around the place.  "So where do I sleep?"

"The couch I guess." Jaebum shrugged, loosely gesturing to the sofa pushed against the wall across from the TV that hung on the opposite side. "That's all I can offer you. I mean, I have food and a shower you can use, basically all the necessities."

"Shower? That's what you use to bathe, right?" Jinyoung asked.

Jaebum paused, his brows furrowing at the question. "Um, yeah? Most people use it to bathe..."

He must not have hidden his puzzled expression well considering Jinyoung's quickness to explain himself. "Don't look at me in disgust, I bathe. Just not in a shower."

Jaebum hummed, his eyes scanning Jinyoung from head to toe. Clothed in no longer white cloths that look like bed sheets accompanied by disheveled hair and no shoes... he shouldn't have been surprised Jinyoung seemed confused by the concept of a shower. "It doesn't look like you bathed since last night. Your weird clothes are all dirty."

"Well I had no way to bathe. There's no natural lakes or waterfalls anywhere, just tall buildings and pollution. You guys live terribly down here." Jinyoung criticized. Yet just moments later he took a load off on the couch, seeming quite comfy on the furniture that was most likely made in one of those factories that helped produce the pollution.

Jaebum stood in front of him, still baffled about where this guy seemed to originate from. He'd only been there for about two days, and he talks as if he'd came as a tourist or something and was having a terrible trip. "Okay, exactly where are you from? You keep saying 'down here', are you from the North Pole or some shit?"