39. Angels & Devils

Beginne am Anfang

Her eyebrows furrowed.

But only their gang was allowed into the VIP area?

He started walking in her direction, and she kept her hold on Jungkook as she shuffled backward more, further down the hallway until they reached the last door. She opened it - as it didn't look like a private eating room - and pushed Jungkook inside before getting in herself, peeking her head out.

"Are you going to tell me-" Jungkook started to hiss, but Jiah just plastered her hand over his mouth.

It was Jung Hyung Sik, the very man she was talking about a few minutes ago, walking right in front of her. It was Scar

What was he doing there?

She watched as he walked into the first room through the corridor, closing it behind him.

Did that mean he was in Kkangpae too?

Surely she would have been told if he was.

Right?

Turning around, she closed the door behind her and faced Jungkook. "I just saw Scar," she whispered, "He was allowed past the ropes."

"He's in Kkangpae?" Jungkook's eyes widened as he stepped closer to her to whisper as if someone else was in the room to listen in.

"I don't know, how else would he get in?"

"Is that why we need to kill him? Did he do something wrong?"

Jiah jumped when she felt something in her pocket vibrating, and she then remembered she was going to take Ji Young to the basketball courts to practice playing that evening.

"Crap, I need to get going, Ji Young's waiting for me."

"Okay," Jungkook bit his lip, "Do you want me to wait here to check up on Scar?"

"Might be a good idea, could help us find out why we're ordered to... you know."

He nodded, holding the doorknob to open it, but before he did, he brought his hand to her hair, patting her on the head.

She raised an eyebrow, turning to him, "What. Are. You. Doing."

"I'm proud of you, Shadow," he said with a beaming smile, "You might not want to admit it, but you've changed a little. A couple of months ago you never would have taken Ji Young out anywhere, and now you're going to take him to train? I'm so proud of you."

"Shut up," was all she could say because she didn't know how she felt about it. That thorned cage she had in her chest, the one she felt breaking bit by bit after meeting Taehyung, that was wholly shattered now, and all she felt was vulnerable.

She hated being vulnerable.

But for some reason, the fact that it was his presence, his touch, his words that caused the tumbling of that barricade, she couldn't hate it. She could only love it.

Shaking his head, he finally opened the door, peeking around it himself to check if anyone was in the corridor before letting her go.

"Have fun with the little man, okay? Forget about everything tonight and live a little."

Her head snapped in his direction when he said that, a familiar voice echoed in her mind following his.

A sad smile appeared on both their lips as they could read what the other was thinking.

"I'll try, Jungkook."

Jungkook was standing at the door of the little room he was in, ear against the wooden frame as he checked every so often if there was any progress.