This Delinquent Has A Secret...♥ (5)

I looked around, wondering if anyone was as confused right now as me. Who was Perez, and how did Ash know him? 

Perez stared a little bit more at Ash, and then his eyes went to me. "Who's this?" He asked levelly."This is Mackenzie, she's my partner in... this, uh, summer camp thing. For, uh, some credits for school."

I frowned, turning to Ash. Why wasn't he telling Perez the truth? I gave him a look and shook my head at Perez. "Actually, we're at this center for--"

Ash coughed, loudly, cutting me off. I gave him another look. What the hell was he playing at?

Perez raised his eyebrows. "So you got out of that delinquent center?" 

"Um, yeah. I... I'm better now." Ash muttered.

"That's good... It's just that this seemed like something we used to do in the center. You know, going to the mall, eating out..." 

Perez looked at me again. "You're Mackenzie?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. You're Perez, I guess?" He smiled thinly. "That's me."

Ash clenched his hands by his sides. "Mackenzie, we should go. We're interrupting him."

Perez shook his head. "No, not really. No one wants to hang out with a guy in a wheelchair."

I looked away, biting my lip. Blunt, but true...

Ash sighed. "Well, we won't be bugging you much longer." He turned on his heel and walked away quickly. 

Perez shook his head sadly, as I hesitated in front of him. "He'll never learn... Mackenzie, you need to help him. He cares about you. And... say hi to Aima for me." 

He wheeled away slowly, and I started after Ash. Perez hadn't been fooled, not one bit.

I sighed and followed Ash. 

When I caught up to him, there was a cold flame burning in his eyes. "What happened back there?" I asked. "That guy wasn't even fooled one bit."

He walked even faster. Even with my long legs, I had to jog to keep up. I grabbed his arm, trying to catch him, and a spark flew up my spine. I jumped and he pulled away from me, his jaw clenched. "Get away from me." Ash growled.

I bit my lip and backed away as Ash slowed down. "Who was that guy? Tell me!" I demanded.

Ash stopped suddenly and looked me in the eye. I swallowed nervously. I didn't like the look in his eyes, not one bit. 

It was the look he had before he had punched me. I braced myself for impact, but it never came. He looked like he was holding back.

"Mackenzie. Tell Aima that I'm going back to the dorms, okay? Just don't ask." He looked pained for a second and I felt something pulling on my heart. 

I gazed up at him for a moment, getting lost in his eyes. 

I cleared my throat. "Um. Okay." I started turning around, but he grabbed my hand. 

I stared down at our hands for a moment and he let go. 

"Thanks," he muttered, then continued walking. 

I shook my head to clear it, sighing. Ash was so complicated. And it was hard to deny that I was hopelessly attracted to him. But I couldn't fall for a delinquent, for Gods sake. I went off to find Aima.

--

As soon as I found Aima, I told her about Ash leaving. I was expecting her to be more worried, but she just told me to find another pair and walk around with them for the remainder of the day. I started to look for Lynna and Denzel, but I soon found Cole instead, walking out of Spencer's gifts with a short, brunette girl. The girl was staring up at him, smiling. She was quite cute, and had shining brown eyes. I was about to call out Cole's name, but then I saw him take the girls hand and decided against it.

I walked away, quickly, feeling a wierd pain in my chest. I knew it wasn't about Cole and his partner; they were really cute together. It was more about my past with relationships. 

I shook my head, and walked out of the mall, crossing my arms to keep warm. I felt cold, all of a sudden. 

I arrived back at our apartment and took a shower, drying my hair and putting on a red cami and superman boxers for pajamas, since it was already about 5 pm. I pulled on some knee high rainbow striped socks for good measure.

What can I say? I love superheroes and bright colors!

I was about to go in my room, when my Mom called me.

"Mackenzie, come meet this young man. He's your Uncle's business partner's son. A good family friend!" She said. I sighed and dragged a comb through my wavy hair. 

Once I arrived downstairs, I got the shock of my life.

"Hi, Mackenzie," Said a smooth, sexy voice.

Oh shit.

Im in my pajamas for God's sake!